Please Help WIN10 Has All But Made My Computer Useless!!

Discussion in 'GNU/Linux' started by TXKajun, May 6, 2016.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Be careful of going the Win10 route. Check that the programs you use daily can be run on W10.

An example is a Glucose Tracking Program with a Docking Station.

Go win and your your data will not be available from your Glucose Reader.

2. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

6.14MB/s 2min

2.11MB/s 6min

Ubuntu servers are congested YMWV

@TXKajun How fast is your internet connection?

[winkthumb]

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  3. sec_monkey

4. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

My wife has the same issue with her laptop. We went into task mgr and stopped it there, but it kept re occurring. We'll try your suggestion.

5. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

Yo
    u will go to your Apps box and type msconfig, but I thought you had W7. Don't know what that will do for you though[​IMG]

Motomom34 likes this.
  6. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I have to say, I am greatly underwhelmed by WIN10......More proprietary Micro$oft crap on it than ever before....spent much time decommissioning apps that I didn't ask for and didn't want. and its general presentation is very retro Art Deco....

I asked Cortana upload_2016-5-27_20-20-7. for a BJ, and she hasn't gotten back to me yet....perhaps she doesn't recognise my Aussie strine Strine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :(

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Ditto. More junk than a landfill. And worse, solitaire isn't the same simple friendly appearance, they loaded it with irrelevant art. "Apps" are a different bucket of slop. (And what's wrong with calling them "programs" which is what they are? Someone afraid of too many syllables to type?)

That said, I have it pruned into something workable on the laptop. That is a factory install. I'm going to take the free option to upgrade the desk machine from W7, just haven't pulled the trigger for some reason, probably because I like W7 nearly as much as I liked XP.

chelloveck likes this.
  8. sec_monkey

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7