Positive Reflections of Patriotism

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Falcon15, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

All right, some positive reflections on patriotism:

First things first, watch John Adams if you have not yet, also watch The Patriot if you have not. If you have then watch them again. Remind yourself of the price people paid for our freedom. Then sit and ponder this: are you willing to live with the fact that you are responsible for giving that freedom away? You are not giving that freedom away, you say? I will concede that point if, and only if, you are actively writing to your congressmen/women, your representatives, going to local Town Hall meetings and peacefully, forcefully, honestly asking your representatives the hard questions. This is not about being a wall flower...these people are your employees. It is high time you, as an American, understood some of the philosophies that shaped, and I pray, still guide this nation:

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. - Benjamin Franklin

The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself. - Benjamin Franklin

The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. - Thomas Jefferson

My reading of history tells me that most bad government results from too much government - Thomas Jefferson

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms - Thomas Jefferson

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against TYRANNY in government - Thomas Jefferson

TO COMPEL A MAN TO SUBSIDIZE WITH HIS TAXES THE PROPAGATION OF IDEAS WHICH HE DISBELIEVES OR ABHORS IS SINFUL AND TYRANNICAL - Thomas Jefferson

'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by
    deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered..'
    - Thomas Jefferson

“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” - Samuel Adams

“How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!” - Samuel Adams

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!” - Samuel Adams

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.” - Samuel Adams

“A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” - Samuel Adams

“It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

I shall continue my thoughts later tonight...until then, remember this nation needs saving, and WE are responsible for it's current state.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7