Potable Aqua PURE Water Purifier, Portable Electrolytic Drinking Water Treatment Device

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ED GEiN, May 1, 2017.

1. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Is anyone familiar with Potable Aqua PURE Water Purifier, Portable Electrolytic Drinking Water Treatment Device and is it worth buying cause it's $95-100? I copied and pasted the description from the manufacturer. This would mean more to most of you people than a city neophyte like me,

Potable Aqua Pure Electrolytic Water Purifier
    The new Potable Aqua Pure Electrolytic Water Purifier is the smallest and most cost effective water purification device on the market. Using a simple brine (salt + water) solution, the PA Pure device produces a powerful mixed oxidant disinfectant capable of purifying even the dirtiest of water.

Always have clean water
    Great for campers, hikers, militaries, emergency organizations and anyone needing drinkable water, Potable Aqua Pure inactivates viruses, bacteria, Giardia and Cryptosporidium killing 99.9% of all organisms without the need to pre-filter or pump.

Technical Specs:
    • Weight: 3.8oz
    • Dimensions: 1.2" x 1.7" x 3.7"
    • Operating Temperature: 20ºF - 130ºF
    • Water Resistant: 60ft
    • Max Altitude: 60,000 ft.
    • 60,000 Liters of lifetime capacity
    • Fully Charged: 150 liters
    • 1 hr USB charge: 35 liters
    • 1 hr solar charge: 2 liters
    • Bacteria / Virus kill time: 30 min
    • Cryptosporidium kill time: 4 hrs

How It Works:

Broad Spectrum Kill
    Purification with mixed oxidants results in a broad spectrum kill of viruses, bacteria, and protoza - making water bacteriologically suitable to drink.

No Pre-Filtration Required
    Unlike UV light, which requires pre-filtration to guarantee inactivation of all microbes in very cloudy water, PA Pure mixed oxidants can inactivate microorganisms in all types of water with no pre-filtration.

More Potent / Lasting Protection
    PA Pure produces a mixed oxidant solution of Chlorine and Peroxide for more potent disinfection.

Residual disinfect prevents biogrowth in stored water for long-term use.

[​IMG]

Ganado, arleigh and Motomom34 like this.
  2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

No experience, but I'd likely consider the Berkey filter first since it doesn't require electricity and the porcelain filters can be cleaned.

Tully Mars, Ganado and ED GEiN like this.
  3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I have a Katadyn portable filter. I would love a Berkey

I have never seen this before. I guess this means you can bring it on the Concorde.

Ganado and ED GEiN like this.
  4. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Good point!

Can you guys or anyone else please provide a link to the Specific Berkey filter you are referring too as there seems to be a wide range of their models. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2017
    Ganado likes this.
  5. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

I have a Berkey water filter, and I love it. Mine filters and holds 2.25 gal. and I think that is the main difference in the models. I believe they have sizes from about 1 to 3 gallons. Simple and easy way to filter water.

ED GEiN likes this.
  6. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

So basically it is making for chlorine on site.

7. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Thanks How many filters do you use? I think it comes with 2 and 2 more are optional

8. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

this is actually a great find for a portable water filter, small, compact runs off of USB port to recharge it. Its basically chlorinated water but still a good find.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

It is NOT a filter, in fact the website (PA PURE Electrolytic Water Purifier: Potable Aqua) says that filtration is required for particulates. Small, yes, compact, yes. How it works is less obvious. I looked for an instruction manual for this gadget, couldn't find one. But I DID find a reference addressing iodine as the disinfecting agent, not chlorine. Matters little which does the trick, as long as it does. Anyway, the website is laden with hype, that alone would give me pause without seeing one up close and personal, and for me, 100 bux or thereabouts is a barrier to me acquiring one. So far as disinfection goes, you can do it yourself with bleach or iodine solutions, and there's no need for electricity of any type. I'll wait for a monkey hands on review before I completely reject the idea ---

Ganado and ED GEiN like this.
  10. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Tactical intelligence net provides how to make chlorine from pool shock . good article you should read it.

As for salt in the water and electrolysis, It may be "their" salt , a sodium type . sodium hydroxide /electrolysis = chlorine gas. not iodine .

11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Water turbidity would have to be very high to hamper UV transmission.
    Even then you could just over come it with more power, increased exposure time and longer wave lengths that produce O-zone.

12. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Well I'm glad people mentioned Berkey Filters which I'm now planning to get

13. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I have a SteriPEN ,
    Basically, I plan to at least use a coffee filter and remove most of the solids ,then run through my sawyer filter, and for extra protection stir the SteriPEN just for a back up .
    In some situations the usual water purification are not going to work, like radiation, solvents and oils . ( I also cary a geiger counter)
    Boiling won't do either.
    Providing your own water sources ,is still the better solution.
    I have these filtering systems in my EDC back pack ,in the event something goes down while I"m away from home.
    I have several collapsed bladders that at the moment of the event I can fill A.S.A.P. with available water and head home . If I find water on the way ,I can replace what I've used.
    Every where I go , away from home , I familiarize my self with possible water sources , so , say during a severe earth quake , I can take advantage of restaurants and stores that have water, even out side spigots with a special diamond shaped <> Key.
    they set in a pocket so you can't just use pliers or a crescent wrench to turn it.
    If the water has been off , and pressure is reestablish publicly it may be a while before it's safe to drink.
    In any event "there will only be moments" any water is available in the lines ,as acting fast as possible matters.
    If you open a valve, and nothing but the sound of air is happening , close the valve . Something is open down hill of that valve. If you leave the upper valve open , the whole thing will drain out before you can recover any of it at that lower point once you find it.
    I have a wel tank and used water heaters I use for storing water under pressure, these cycle through the washing machine so it doesn't sit stagnant .I also added swing check valves in that system so that, if the city water lines are compromised my tanks remain full .
    With out a check valve in ones plumbing at the street, If the city system is compromised, any open valve will allow the house to drain it's water . Opening valves in the house will help drain it, including flushing the toilet . the toilet tank valve becomes open when the float drops. that open valve becomes a vent.
    Many homes in freezing territory have stop and waste valves at the street, so that if the water is being shut of to the house, it is drained to prevent damage due to freezing .
    Things still freeze and break ( in homes the water lines are not correctly installed) but the water isn't on to make a worse mess.

1. Asia-Off-Grid
  2. Asia-Off-Grid
  3. Asia-Off-Grid
  4. Asia-Off-Grid
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. The_Prepared
  8. BenP
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
  10. Primefactor
  11. Asia-Off-Grid
  12. Bandit99
  13. Legion489
  14. cabot
  15. Yard Dart
  16. Gator 45/70
    Anyone have these ? [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Gator 45/70, Jun 29, 2014, 57 replies, in forum: Survival Medicine
  17. DKR
  18. PapaGrune
  19. Earth Shepherd
  20. ColtCarbine
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7