Practicing Fire without smoke or flame.

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by M118LR, May 15, 2017.

1. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Naw, I just wondered at your speech pattern. Spent more time on Australia forums than American, no issues there. If I was closer to your AO, I'd take you up on that in a heartbeat. Almost worth it to have someone pick up the tab for a change. Haha.

M118LR likes this.
  2. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

Ain't a long way from Cajun to Cracker, I'll fit the tab if you can quote the chapter and verse, but don't disrespect those folks on the underside. Remember they fought beside US in the big one.

T. Riley likes this.
  3. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

[pop]

oldawg and Ganado like this.
  4. M118LR

So I've told the Grand Kids to collect dry dead twigs prior to coming to Grandpa's for the weekend. Gonna give them a chance to strike off a fire, and see if they can keep it smokeless long enough to boil water in the Old Volcano Stove.

volcano_stove1.

AxesAreBetter and ghrit like this.
  5. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Nice looking setup. Never seen a kit.

M118LR likes this.
  6. M118LR

Thank You. They can be found as Swiss Mil-surplus for an amazing low cost. Insert a little copper tubing to another cork stopper, and it becomes an emergency still in case you find yourself on an island surrounded by only saltwater.

7. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

I'd probably pack a gimlet for it and something to seal it with, and make a cork on the spot (or, I suppose, carry a spare). Making water for island survival seems to be a sucky idea for longer term (more than a week) survival, but options are good. The question for me would be how to get off the stupid island.

M118LR likes this.
  8. M118LR

Give that Gibson Girl a swirl on the beach, after all what else is there to do?

Gibson-Girl-radio.

Tully Mars likes this.
  9. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Lookin those up on the Internet and found this: How to ruin your brand new Swiss volcano stove
    upload_2017-5-17_20-36-12.

Maybe these are for use with the fuel tab only?

M118LR likes this.
  10. M118LR

From the same Bushcraft thread:
    I'm sure that there are more ways to ruin equipment than there are to use it correctly, but I've never had any trouble using twigs. Perhaps it's due to the age and seasoning of my volcano's. There are other options, (canteen cook stove etc) and I've also used/tried them. But for this weekends show and tell, it's the volcano stove.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7