Preparedness.... Preparing for Winter, AGAIN....

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by BTPost, Aug 29, 2017.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

So far I have chronicled here on various forums:
    1. Getting my Woodsheds full for the Winter.....
    2 Replacing the Cabin Inverter Battery Bank, after 9 years....

Today:
    3. Got the Village King (Cannery HandyMan) to come sweep the Cook Stove,
    and Wood Stove Chimneys. A once a year deal....
    4. Checked the Electrolyte Levels in ALL the Battery Banks, that run the 4 different
    Inverter Systems, around here... The NEW Cabin Bank too 1 USG per 24Vdc String....
    The Radio Batteries took a 1/4 USG, and the Telecom Batteries took 1 USG (4 L16HDs
    in Series/Parallel 12 Vdc) the shop Inverter Bank is Absolyte IIs AGM type...

Tomorrow:
    5. Alaskachick comes home on the MailPlane @ noon. Then we start stocking the 4
    Freezers with our Frozen Winter Supplies, that came on the Barge, last Friday.
    Then store away all the DryGoods and Canned Goods from the Winter Supplies,
    over in the Backup Storage, in the Winter Shop.

Friday, this week:
    We get the next to the last Barge, with the last Fuel Delivery, of the Summer. Got a
    5500 USG Tank of #1 Diesel, a 5500USG Tank of Gasoline, and 2000USG of Propane,
    coming, to top off the Tank Farm.

Saturday, this week:
    The Foreman is coming by to set the Valve Lash on both my 20Kw Northern Lights
    Diesel Gensets. Next summer we will send the Heads out for a rebuild, as they both
    have 20K Operational Hours on them.

Once all that is completed, We are ready for winter, and set for at a minimum 18 months
    without Resupply, without breaking into the Long Term Storage.... A really GOOD
    Feeling...

2. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

There's an awful lot to think about and not a lot of room for error. You and the Missus have a safe and toasty Winter.

Motomom34, sec_monkey and Dunerunner like this.
  3. duane

duane Monkey+++

Sounds like a good start for the winter and may Murphy go visit some one else this year. Have a good and comfortable winter and God grant that you enjoy it in good health..

4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Having the RV winterized and roofing inspected toward the end of next month, making sure I have at least a Ton of wood pellets on hand, and that's about it. Sometime before the end of October, I'll get out and insulate the outdoor water faucets and cover the herb garden of winter.

Big wet heat source just to my West...

sec_monkey likes this.
  5. BTPost

It was raining hard this afternoon, so we just did the Dry and Chill Goods, and left the Frozen stuff for tomorrow... Hopefully it will just be showers and we can move the stuff in-between them, and get it all stored away... then 5. will be completed....

6. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

That's great, BT. It's good to know that you don't need to go anywhere for supplies and can face down pretty much anything maw nature has to throw at you because you've prepared for it.

7. BTPost

Today, was the final day of getting the place ready for Winter... We cleaned out our Water Collection Totes and our Water Storage Totes... Refilled the Storage Totes with Cannery Water, and since it is raining "Cats & Dogs" the Collection Totes are filling with good clear clean Rain Water.... AlaskaChick went out and Picked all the Apples off our lone Apple Tree, BEFORE Mr. Bear could find them and wreck the Tree, going after them.... Food is ALL Stored away in the Freezers and Pantry...Last of the Cannery Processing Workers flew out this morning... (Don't let the Door, hit you in the A$$, on your way lout of camp...) "Lights Out Day" will be Sunday, most likely, and then PEACE and Quiet, until next May.... Ahhhhh... The silence will be Great.....

GOG likes this.
  1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Thunder5Ranch
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Yard Dart
  6. Yard Dart
  7. fl4848
  8. Motomom34
  9. Motomom34
  10. Yard Dart
  11. Yard Dart