Prepping for old age...

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Witch Doctor 01, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

After the Hurricane messed up the roof, we decided to replace it with a 40 year steel roof... when it needs replacing we won't be here....

2. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

That steel roof is the best ,providing it's secured down well. That is what i want to put on my house, but it a modular and almost not worth the investment .
    Best other option is a Quonset hut but they are not fashionable .

3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Need to give the house some TLC.
    Get metal roofing installed.
    Get the damned thing painted (should last it another 15 years)
    Get off my internet forum hopping ass and get some exercise.
    And, I like @Gator 45/70, will install a seat belt in the boat.
    Find a fishing buddy that is also a Pastor and Undertaker.

4. Grandpa Patch

Grandpa Patch Monkey+

(y) (y) (n)
    Sometimes, it takes 4-5 cups of coffee just to find the energy to look for my motivation. Actually using that energy and motivation to do something might take another 2-3 cups.

Gator 45/70, oldman11, oldawg and 2 others like this.
  5. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Roun deez pahts, metal roofs go with 50 year guarantees. I won't last near that long, so went with 30 year architectural shingles.

6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Just tired of cleaning the grit out of the gutter system....

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  7. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Prepping as we age......well, its just like prepping when we were younger. Take each day at a time and deal with the changes as they come. Maybe we can't walk as far as quickly as we once did but our perspective changes - why the rush. Adapt and overcome and live with courage. Those two sayings rule my life. And I always try to remember that life is only good when it is good. Who really wants to live forever? When the day comes that I can no longer enjoy waking up in the morning, it's time to find an alternate realm.

8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

So What are you saying? You ok?

Grandpa Patch, oldman11 and RightHand like this.
  9. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I'm fine Gator, just living each day adapting and changing. My stamina is not what it used to be so I've cut back to 15 hrs a day instead of 18 and hired someone to do the extra 3 hrs work

Merkun, Grandpa Patch, Ganado and 2 others like this.
  10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Move the company down here and leave all your sneaux equipment behind!

Grandpa Patch, oldman11 and RightHand like this.
  11. RightHand

Sounds good. No more ice and snow just humidity and mosquitoes. But at least there I could find a decent etouffee. hmmm gotta get myself back to Mother's Restaurant on Poydras Street

1. oldman11
  2. hank2222
  3. Ura-Ki
  4. T. Riley
  5. Motomom34
  6. Ura-Ki
  7. Motomom34
  8. Motomom34
  9. Yard Dart
  10. Motomom34
  11. Motomom34
  12. Motomom34