Propane Prices in your area?

Discussion in 'Peak Oil' started by tacmotusn, Mar 7, 2011.

1. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Western Wa. 1.79 to 2.99 a gallon depending on where you go.

2. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

We have a huge spread here. from $2.95/gal to $4.39/gal. YMMV depending on what part of the Houston area you chose to acquire your propane.

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

This season's contract is at $2.90. It sucks, but sucks worse to be cold.

4. swalt

swalt Monkey+

Here in Oregon where I live it's $2.79

5. jasonl6

jasonl6 Monkey+++

$2.29 :) I only have 2 - 100lb tanks, 2 -30 lb tanks and 1 -10lb tank though. I am looking for a 500-1000lb tank. I have a lead on one i have to go look at tonight. If i can get it for a couple hundred I'll buy it and fill it just to have it around. as long as the tank doesn't leak it should last forever.

Jason

6. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

not sure for large qty. but 10.99 for 20 lb tank not sure what that comes out to per gallon.

7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Here in alaska, we were selling our Propane for $3.73/USG.... before the Plant shut down for the winter. Lots of Freight in that price, for sure....

8. flyboy207

flyboy207 Monkey+

just refilled my 3 20 lbers and they were $12 each

9. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Varies by season here....$2.99 a gallon generally, up North, as high as $3.99 a few blocks away from me here in Phoenix..."IF" I get a 300 gallon tank (leased) I get the first fill up ( 280 gallons) free, the lease is $60 a month for a year. I have to build a pad and an enclosure, do all the plumbing, BEFORE "they" deliver the tank....Up north there's a MONDAY MORNING special, where you get all your propane for $2.85 a gallon...ONLY on Monday's though!
    The lines are long and the wait can be up to 6 hours or more.

10. scrapman21009

scrapman21009 Chupacabra Hunter

17.99 for a 20 pound and 78.00 for 100 pound

11. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

12. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Doing a study at work...propane prices fell at the wholesale level to about 0.75 per gallon. I believe it is around 0.80 now. Guess there's a little markup by the time it gets to the consumer. BTW, that price was under half of what it was same time last year.

13. scrapman21009

scrapman21009 Chupacabra Hunter

16.99 at home depot as of yesterday

14. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

$1.30 for farm propane as of last week

15. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

I purchased a 500 gallon tank at 800.00 and had it filled at the introductory price of 1.99 per gallon last fall. I also own four 100 pound cylinders which each hold about 24 gallons along with 4 20 pound grill tanks. I have 500 gallons all in storage for our Generator.

16. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Propane Pump's and the movement of the LPG is the next things Im going to get into.
    They sell the units in Euro, and India have them also for sale.
    If I have ways of moving the liquid , then the weight of moving the tanks is EZ. there pushing the Petrol / diesel and Propane folks are junking the old eyesores that have liquid still in them.
    Im also looking to start storing more propane.
    Im not into a manual propane pump , sorry , that seems like early duk-boats hydro starters for the grey marines.. Must of pumped up 100's.

Sloth

Edit along these line : Link to banners & chips

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7