Pruning the vocabulary

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Seacowboys, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I have recently redefined a number of words to the point that they have become obsolete and therefore I am removing them from my vocabulary. Can't is now finished. I will not use that word again.There may be compelling reasons why I won't but I don't believe there are too many things I can't.

I am also loosing the word Old....let's don't go there.

Hate is a word that was often used but I have redifined it and now believe it to be incorrect. There are a list of things tht I do not like, including people, speed-bumps, chitterlings, egg-plant, and head-lice but I really don't hate them. Well maybe a good argument could be made for enemas and air-port security screening but still; Hate? I don't think so. I believe that to hate something, one must have loved it first, as hate seems to be the antithisis of love. I love many things. I do not hate anything that I am aware of. My wife seems to think I should consider loosing a few of my more colorful four-letter words and maybe a couple of racial epetaphs, but we haven't gotten that far yet. It may be kinda like global warming; I know it's hot but the jury is still out on that.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7