1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Pruning the vocabulary

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Seacowboys, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I have recently redefined a number of words to the point that they have become obsolete and therefore I am removing them from my vocabulary. Can't is now finished. I will not use that word again.There may be compelling reasons why I won't but I don't believe there are too many things I can't.

I am also loosing the word Old....let's don't go there.

Hate is a word that was often used but I have redifined it and now believe it to be incorrect. There are a list of things tht I do not like, including people, speed-bumps, chitterlings, egg-plant, and head-lice but I really don't hate them. Well maybe a good argument could be made for enemas and air-port security screening but still; Hate? I don't think so. I believe that to hate something, one must have loved it first, as hate seems to be the antithisis of love. I love many things. I do not hate anything that I am aware of. My wife seems to think I should consider loosing a few of my more colorful four-letter words and maybe a couple of racial epetaphs, but we haven't gotten that far yet. It may be kinda like global warming; I know it's hot but the jury is still out on that.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary