quick tip...hand sanitizer:

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Tango3, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Not only kills germs but it takes a spark from a fire steel or blast match readily. squirt a little gel into a quarter sized puddle +spark=(caution)hot(some what invisible) alcohol
    flame. tuck that away for future reference somewhere...in your"g.o.o.d. kit"(discovered last week feel free to send donations to the t3 burn center relief fund... )

2. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Good tip!

:lol: I have to admit, it caused a giggle (reminded me of the first time I put petroleum jelly on a cotton ball and lit it)

3. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

that's a favorite too!Works!You can darn near cook a thanksgiving butterball with three cotton balls and a thimble full of vaseline!:) Of course; You know"cotton balls" is the second stage of "beer nuts ". Turrible disease!

4. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

[LMAO]

5. WestPointMAG

WestPointMAG Monkey++

G.I. Peanut butter also works.

6. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

hmmm...did not know that one
    thanks have to put out my flaming ritz cracker

7. WestPointMAG

WestPointMAG Monkey++

Where I use to work we had individual packaged alcohol pads that burned well. I would rip off a corner, pull out a little pad and light it. They would burn for awhile.

8. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

i'm big on alcohol "stoves" simple...in the chase for light-weight-high-tech stoves for appalachian trail hikers some folks go titanium one guy burned alcohol on a plate...no pumps or jets.I 'm kinda big on tuna cans /alcohol or gi heat tabs

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7