1. The Topic of the Month for April 2017 is "Store what you use, use what you store." Please join the discussion on the Survival Topic of the Month forum.

quick tip...hand sanitizer:

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Tango3, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Not only kills germs but it takes a spark from a fire steel or blast match readily. squirt a little gel into a quarter sized puddle +spark=(caution)hot(some what invisible) alcohol
    flame. tuck that away for future reference somewhere...in your"g.o.o.d. kit"(discovered last week feel free to send donations to the t3 burn center relief fund... )

2. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Good tip!

:lol: I have to admit, it caused a giggle (reminded me of the first time I put petroleum jelly on a cotton ball and lit it)

3. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

that's a favorite too!Works!You can darn near cook a thanksgiving butterball with three cotton balls and a thimble full of vaseline!:) Of course; You know"cotton balls" is the second stage of "beer nuts ". Turrible disease!

4. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

[LMAO]

5. WestPointMAG

WestPointMAG Monkey++

G.I. Peanut butter also works.

6. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

hmmm...did not know that one
    thanks have to put out my flaming ritz cracker

7. WestPointMAG

WestPointMAG Monkey++

Where I use to work we had individual packaged alcohol pads that burned well. I would rip off a corner, pull out a little pad and light it. They would burn for awhile.

8. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

i'm big on alcohol "stoves" simple...in the chase for light-weight-high-tech stoves for appalachian trail hikers some folks go titanium one guy burned alcohol on a plate...no pumps or jets.I 'm kinda big on tuna cans /alcohol or gi heat tabs

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7