Random Cool Tricks

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Meat, Dec 14, 2016.

1. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

[​IMG]

Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. hot diggity

Okay, this one will make up for the last two. Portable grill.
    [​IMG]

3. hot diggity

4. hot diggity

5. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

i have watched the over a dozen times... facinating. ty for posting

SB21 and Meat like this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Why its like coming in on a Huey 212 with 1 Turbine out..Fully loaded

Meat likes this.
  7. hot diggity

8. hot diggity

9. hot diggity

10. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

This is how we would scald the hogs when we was butchering them , made the hair come off easer .

11. hot diggity

12. hot diggity

Marine Corps brew time indicator. Saves us from yesterdays reheated coffee.... usually. IMG_20190924_082035.

13. hot diggity

When I lived in Japan I used to see these lighter Sumo matches. Always fun to watch. daily_dump_3162_07.

14. hot diggity

IMG_20190925_143954.
    This is pretty cool technology. I've never seen a good demonstration of how it works. That's my hand on the left side showing where one camera is at the bottom of the mirror.

15. hot diggity

16. hot diggity

17. hot diggity

IMG_20190930_091843. That little beaded chain on the handle is an amazingly efficient piece of this tool and is adaptable to others. It never gets in the way since it just moves aside. Even upside down it allows one handed operation and is easily rolled off the end of the handle with the hand. It's even adjustable for length. Just snip it to length and clip the ends together.

(Note: Real GI Dog tag chain and fastners are stainless. I pulled a hunk of what looked like rock out of the ocean and found pieces of this chain sticking out. When the rock was chipped away the remains of car keys. Brass, steel, attacked by the salt. Dog tag chain looked like it had just been issued.)

Safety tip: keep all of your skin clear of the area between the handles. When the rivet pops it BITES!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    Gator 45/70, SB21 and Meat like this.
  18. hot diggity

Windshield seal leak detector. Foaming window cleaner on the outside and air hose directed at the seal from inside. Factory urethane seal rarely has voids. Most aftermarket installers don't do so well and I end up drying lots of wet carpet. IMG_20190930_100551.

Gator 45/70, Tempstar, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  19. hot diggity

1mb90m_ppnp0mhAlU1ukxxj7o1_250. Reminded me of several bar bets I would've won at the range on Sunday.

Started with several light primer strike "bad" rounds that I bet would go bang if they tried it one more time.

But the best was the young guy with the Ruger 10/22 that told me the bolt wouldn't lock back. I bet him it would and did it so fast he didn't even see what I'd done. When it was time to resume firing he couldn't get it unlocked. His buddies were laughing when I tried it and "click" ... it was unlocked. They were howling with laughter when I stepped down from the tower and flipped up his folding rear sight after he'd started shooting.

Turned out he was an armorer.

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  20. hot diggity

IMG_20191001_153013.
    Nope, it's not the great pumpkin. It's a fender cover protecting me from the dirty hub that I have to work around. Same thing works when you have to rebuild a toilet. Big trash bag over it keeps you clean while you access the parts you need to repair. This becomes especially important when you could get your hair or beard caught in something nasty.

GrayGhost, SB21, Gator 45/70 and 3 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7