Random Cool Tricks

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Meat, Dec 14, 2016.

1. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

[​IMG]

2. hot diggity

Sagging gate + garage full of parts = an artsy solution.
    IMG_20200823_172740.
    IMG_20200823_172736.
    The details of the single eye have faded, but you can still get the idea.

Gator 45/70, Ganado and SB21 like this.
  3. hot diggity

4. hot diggity

I had to give mini-class the other day on how and why to always angle your box cutter blade when opening a package. the correct angle should cut into nothing but cardboard.
    box cutter.
    As opposed to cutting into something of value inside.
    [​IMG]

Gator 45/70, Seawolf1090 and natshare like this.
  5. hot diggity

6. hot diggity

This isn't near as cool of a trick as that cake server thing, and it may be the way you've always done it, but it's new to me, and until I create a new "Budget stretching" thread it'll have to go here.

I was wasting gobs of that pump type antibacterial soap. I noticed when I saw big globs of my new green soap in the sink. It just slid off my hand, or got washed off before I could get a good lather.

So I tried just a little bit, and rubbed that all over both hands before I wet them. No more waste, more effective hand washing, and I probably tripled the life of the soap container.

Check out the sink next time you use a liquid soap. See how wasteful you are.

Saving money by making the best use of things is always a cool trick.

7. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

i went to foaming, its half water, dont even turn on the water till i soap everything, hands wrists when sprouting and fermenting, then i turn on water and wash it off.

Using foaming especially homemade, its half water and half soap so no need to turn on water till you've soaped up.

GrayGhost, Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  8. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I wash my hands with a little dab of dish soap.

9. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Do you have a favorite homemade recipe you would be willing to share. I've used a few of those foaming soaps , and they seemed to work pretty well.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

De[ends on the goal
    in teh kitchen i use dawn, it started out half and half .... half dawn and half water.... i like dawn because it cuts grease.

in the bathrooms i just use whatever is cheap liquid handsoap and cut it in half with water. sometimes you have to shake it up.

If i can find bronner's or castile on sale i buy a bunch of that.and go half water half soap. as the foaming pumps get older you may have to dilute with more water.

Finally for the bath, or if my hands are getting too dry, i may add a 20-30 drops of oil in the mix and somee lavander or tea tree oil (i like smell good in my home) When you add oil it has to be something that stays liquid at cooler temps in the winter. Canola for low budget, argon, vit E or macadamia oil if you dont mind spending a bit more. (i dont spend much on oils as i have clients who send me expensive raw oils. i still have half of a gallon left from a last christmas when a client sent me a gallon of unrefined coconut oil lol)

a little tip from my grandmother, if you get paint or grease on your hands and embedded in your nails, take the fat from chickens and rub it on your hands (raw or cooked) then wash.... the molecules in chicken fat are smaller than most grease molecules and will get under other grease and lift them off your fingers...and its a great moisturizer.

We need that Budget Stretching thread @hot diggity

11. hot diggity

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  12. hot diggity

Lots of them.

13. hot diggity

14. hot diggity

15. hot diggity

16. hot diggity

17. hot diggity

best-s-part5-the-art-of-camouflage.
    Reminds me of sixth grade camp.

SB21, Gator 45/70 and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  18. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Didn't Rambo use that trick?

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. hot diggity

He did, but I think he was blending into a mud bank. Both kids have pretty quick reflexes.

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  20. hot diggity

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7