Random Cool Tricks

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Meat, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Great idea, HD!

Meat and hot diggity like this.
  2. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Muzzle protector for wet weather, or smell restrictor after a day of shooting black powder so you don't stink up your car. Nitrile glove fingers work great. KIMG1119.

3. hot diggity

IMG_20190809_064943. Yes, that's just what it looks like. A bunch of work clothes stuffed down one leg of a pair of trousers. The other leg is reserved for the weeks hangers, so they don't clutter my closet with twelve to fourteen extra hangers every week. The beauty of this trick is that the hangers don't move around and get tangled when they're in the trouser leg.
    They fold against the stuffed leg and ride nicely in the car on their way to work so the uniform service can pick them up.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    Gator 45/70 and oldman11 like this.
  4. hot diggity

5. hot diggity

[​IMG]
    Duck and roll with it! That's how kids get nicknames! I think his should be Lucky.

Reminds me of my own childhood, although I was more likely to get crushed under falling bales of hay, trampled by cows, or get trapped in collapsed snow forts. I did bounce off the front of a red 67 Ford Country Squire station wagon. The screeching tires scared the daylights out of me, but I wasn't more than a little bruised.

Zimmy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

20404758-7513-4637-8645-B380B46BCCAB. Here’s my pocket set of Klein’s. Shortened by 2 inches or so. Slips into my Carhartt side pocket and won’t flip out. The other gizmo is penta socket with slots. Spins eye bolts in and out amongst a few other uses. Of course opens transformers. :D

Gator 45/70 and hot diggity like this.
  7. hot diggity

I like the eye bolt spinner. With gas lamps and lanterns hanging about I've found a hook and eye bolt spinner for the cordless drill to be a real time and labor saver.

People that don't like their lighting filled with pressurized gasoline can only appreciate this while hanging Christmas decor.

Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  8. hot diggity

When you need to clean or change a generator on a lantern it usually results in damage to the fragile mantle(s). With this old Lisle carburetor clip tool I steer the generator right into the eccentric block hole without coming near the mantle with my fingers . KIMG1806. KIMG1807. _20171001_111622.JPG That fat generator and massive spring are from a Coleman 288, and run unaltered on a 285 kerosene conversion.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  9. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Witch Doctor 01, Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  10. hot diggity

That sounds like someone who's fumbled a few generators and broken some mantles. :)

Ganado, Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  11. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

you have no idea lol

Meat likes this.
  12. hot diggity

13. hot diggity

14. hot diggity

15. hot diggity

16. hot diggity

17. hot diggity

Comm sucks!

Old radio guys will know this trick.
    IMG_20190820_092134. IMG_20190820_092353.
    The mild abrasiveness of a pencil eraser can gently clean inaccessible contacts and get electronics working.

Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
  18. hot diggity

Lots of auto electrical issues can be fixed temporarily with a good whack from a hammer. In tank fuel pumps, window motors, starter relays, and even batteries with bad cells. It can at least get you off the road, or out of the way. Just have to bump the contacts sometimes. Mallet, baseball bat, broom handle. All are special tools in my World. IMG_20190820_101049.

Homer Simpson, Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. Used the pencil trick to clean contacts on PCB's. Cinci controls on DeVliegs, Modicons, Alllen Bradleys, etc, etc, etc.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  20. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

On my Navy ship, my tube equipped UHF radios sometimes lost output power. Often, I would just slide the radio out of it's rack casing, slap it sharply upside the frame and intone "BE HEALED!" like a Southern Baptist revival preacher. Power would often come back up to normal as the tuner rotors reset. Had the radiomen thinking I had "the power"! Hehe....

Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7