1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Ready.gov PSA

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Joseph Thomas, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Joseph Thomas

Joseph Thomas Monkey+

Anyone see the latest ready.gov PSA with the family in the house flipping over as the husband goes for his bug out bag. I was really amazed. This is the government advocating what the survival community have been preaching for years. Strange days indeed. No link to it but saw it on a major cable channel.
  2. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

I have seen it. It was repeating on AFN last time I was in IZ.

I think it's a response to Katrina. The gov't acknowledging that it can't help everyone all the time.... unheard of ;) "You mean, I have to be responsible for my own safety??"
  3. Joseph Thomas

Joseph Thomas Monkey+

Yeah, That would be a shocker to most non-preppers that they actually are responsible for their own well being. Hopefully we get a few of them to wake up. But I can tell you even with my family it is an uphill battle.
  4. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

I have heard their ads on the radio and they were only talking about having enough food and water for a week. Good enough for sheeple in a short term situation, but do you think they will even do this, NOT!
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary