Realistic knife defense against 100% resistance demonstrations. Combat sports based.

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by KnifeSurvival1, Apr 10, 2023.

1. Hey. During the last 2 years, when I was a student in Jerusalem, there were waves of knife terror attacks, and students were afraid of going out. As a result I researched the subject thoroughly, tried most of the existing techniques against resistance, combined it with my knowledge (Former national Judo youth Champ, few times. Martial arts as a hobby afterwards- MMA fan and training with my wrestling/bjj/ boxing/Judo friends on a casual basis).

The video was approved and uploaded by the official page of the Russian Combat Sambo Federation as the added file shows.

צילום מסך 2023-04-11 ב-12.45.32 לפ׳.

DuxDawg likes this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Welcome to our Monkey Tree….Pick yourself out a branch, and have a look around… Plenty of good information in the forums, and lots of good Folks hang’en out on our branches… Nice to see a Monkey posting from Israel, and looking forward to seeing your ideas posted here…

KnifeSurvival1 and Dunerunner like this.
  3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Welcome Aboard, Glad to have ya!
    In A Knife Fight, YOU ARE GOING TO GET CUT, so get used to that idea, the trick is to mitigate How BAD you get cut and to turn the knife away, or take it from your attacker and then use it to end him! There are almost as many schools of thought on this as there are about Gun Fights, but here you need to understand what's going to happen, your going to ether get stabbed, which is worst case, or slashed, which isn't as bad, but still BAD! The other thing you need to do is ALWAYS CARRY A GUN, and be ready to use it, and the second is carry a good sharp fixed blade, specifically to defend your self! I Carry a Krambit for this reason, I can defend against most any knife attack with this blade, and turn an attack and make the attacker defend themselves, and ultimately, make them take the dirt nap challenge!

DuxDawg, Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  4. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

Guns not an option everywhere. Biggest mistake a knife wielding attacker will make is playing his hand that he has a blade in the fist place. You need to create distance and escape (if otherwise unarmed. Everyone gets cut in a knife fight. I have been party to many incidents (responding to and a participant in) involving pointed or edged weapons. It gets ugly fast. I use to have the CCTV of one here, in the gaming room of a pub. Started as angry words and thrown “punches”. Victim didn’t realise he was cut till he looked down and saw his bicep was sliced almost to the bone laterally. Thought he had been punched and his arm deadened. Most stabbing victims also think they have been punched. It is a vexed issue but there is good reason that shooting a blade armed offender in close proximity is easily justified when required!

Welcome.

jim2, DuxDawg, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Long live the Old Adage, Never bring a Knife, to a Gun Fight…

6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Welcome to Survivalmonkey! I'll echo what other have posted in that if engaged in a knife fight you will be cut. The goal is to minimize your own damage and inflict as much damage to your attacker as quickly as possible. Problem is that attackers will never show their intent until they are well within your space so maintaining defensible distance is key. De-escalation is also a good tactic if possible. Delay, delay, de-escalate and walk away is better than hours in the ER, if you don't bleed out before the paramedics get to the scene. And, Never take a knife to a gun fight!

Drop and introduction and tell us a little about yourself, what brought you to Survivalmonkey and your interests, HERE New Member Introductions

jim2, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

I saw the same video on several other sites. Most interesting. Share the knowledge, eh?

jim2, Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  8. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

As my Father advised me many years ago, never start a fight, but be ready and able to end it...by whatever means necessary and/or available! Always bring a gun to a knife fight!

jim2, Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  9. Thanks.
    In Israel (and in many other countries) it's not easy to get a permission (In Israel- if you are a civilian which does not live in a very risky area/ need it for your work. You'll see here many 18 year old girls walking around with automatic rifles, with civil uniforms as well, but they are soldiers who came back home for the weekend) to carry a gun or a knife.

Thanks =)

I 100% agree with you. But the problem is that many people have been killed in knife terror attacks here because they couldn't run away fast enough/ it was too late/ their kids were nearby.

You are a very optimistic person =)
    For me, hours in the ER as a result of a knife attack would be considered as a great success.
    Sure I will. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hey. Yes. I invested a lot of time into that video (Plus a second part will be released in the near future) which is not monetized and is for educational purposes only. I shared it on different sites in Hebrew and English in the hope that maybe it will save someone's life one day. I didn't make the video to watch it by myself =)

DuxDawg, Dunerunner and Ura-Ki like this.
  10. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

I still remember officer training where a knife expert came in. I was armed with the training pistol and was allowed to determine the distance he would be from me when I decided to draw my weapon. He could cover the 40' of the training room and stick me before I could bring my weapon level. It sunk in that day for me how dangerous a knife is.
    Thanks for the Video!

11. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Look at martial arts from knife cultures, like escrima, kali, silat if you like the blade. Fun stuff.

First order of business, I think, is your awareness. I used to live in a bad part of town when I was younger. Three different times, three different people I think, right before my stop, pulled a knife and were between me and the exit. My intention was to get off and they weren't going to stop me. Staying on as whatever the situation was escalated was not a good move in my opinion. I was hyper alert walking past them and thankfully, no engagement.

My classmate (Muay Thai and escrima) was not so lucky. One day in class, when we were sparring, I grabbed him in a head cinch and he started yelling that I was popping his stitches, so I let him go. When I asked him what happened, he said as he finished stepping off the bus, the guy in front turned around and slashed his neck. I asked him what he did and he said he kicked the guy's butt. And asked him what did he do to make the guy slash him. He said nothing. Did not even know the guy. Friend was lucky. When I looked at where he got slashed, he was maybe an inch or so away from being dead. The slasher caught him a little too far back. Crazy!

DuxDawg and Dunerunner like this.
  12. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

13. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Old town Honolulu was bad when I was there in the 70’s…. Must have gotten worse. :(

Hanzo likes this.
  14. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Don't fight fair, fight to win!

KnifeSurvival1 and Hanzo like this.
  15. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

"If must fight, win."
    ~ Mr. Miyagi

16. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Wife thinks it's worse. It was in the late 70's that I walked by the knife wielders on the bus. Early 90's when my classmate got his neck slashed.

Dunerunner likes this.
  17. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

My friend would always say, his teacher would repeat, "If you have mercy, don't start. If you start, no mercy."

Dunerunner likes this.
  18. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Something I learned... it doesn't matter how good you are or think you are, a weapon is a massive equalizer.

Years ago, when my kung fu teacher suggested uneven sparring and tossed me the knife while he stayed unarmed, I thought it would be interesting. He was and still is way better than me in kung fu. Yet I "killed" him over and over. And I am just an ok knife guy.

DuxDawg, CraftyMofo and Dunerunner like this.
  19. Thanks! Unfortunately what you described (get stabbed without having an opportunity to use their weapons) happens to police officers in Israel.

I completely agree with that. I explained in the introduction to the video that from a certain point of physical abilities/ technical abilities of the opponent, depends on the defender, the chances are practically 0%.

When a knife is involved- Agreed =)
    When there is no danger to your life- I do not agree with that. I think that your local judge won't agree with that as well.

That the reality unfortunately. You can see in the introduction of the video, that although I used my best techniques against a smaller and weaker opponent- I was stabbed potentially to death 2/2. But, I had a chance to stay alive depends on the severity of the stab/ people nearby who could treat me/ if the hospital is right nearby etc.
    That's why a part of the video's title is " A chance to stay alive".

jim2, DuxDawg and Hanzo like this.
  20. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7