Richard Code

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Apr 3, 2010.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Retracing the last steps of the Toronto man who walked into the woods near Huntsville and didn’t come out alive

Wednesday, February 24

Re. Survival trip

Barb,

I should be back from my trip on Sunday February 28, sometime later in the day. If you do not see or hear from me by Monday morning, it’s a possibility I’m in trouble. So please call police and give them the following information

Name: Richard Code

Location: Horn Lake, north side, middle. South of Bear Lake. West of Huntsville.

Special considerations: Does not have any camping equipment. This is a survival trip.

Thanks for your help,

Richard

Now confident that Mr. Code got to the area, the police took to the air again Wednesday afternoon. Six days after Mr. Code had thanked his last driver and walked south toward Horn Lake, police spotted his body huddled against some stunted black spruce near the edge of a frozen wetland, less than a kilometre from where he had started.

Full story here:
    Survivalist Richard Code's final hours - The Globe and Mail

2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

So sad, so predictible, ..... when the lights go out there will be many many more examples, .... most of which will be more gruesome and heart wrenching than this story. Plan, practice, preach, teach, learn, be prepared.

3. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

Interesting read with a lot of good learning points. Check the replies to the article too.

4. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Too many fall into the "trap" of following bad advise, movies, novels and the like...and never actually have any experience with mother nature on her own turf. She is an unforgiving "individual"....
    1 mistake can be your last.
    Too many accounts like this, from people dying from freezing, to those dying from exposure in the deserts.
    Books are wonderful, and some movies.... as they can give you insight on what NOT to do.....
    Sad, very very sad.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7