Saying goodbye to part of your security system and family ...

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by VisuTrac, Jul 24, 2020.

1. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Time is soon approaching to say goodbye to my friend, family protector (from 2 and 4 legged creatures) and long range perimeter patrol.

Seems like yesterday when you showed up.
    jazzapup.

Going to miss her.

natshare, STGThndr, oldawg and 9 others like this.
  2. Jaybird

Jaybird Monkey+++

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Condolences Visu....

4. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I feel for you Sir ,, Been there ,, and its hard .
    Sloth

TnAndy, Lancer, chelloveck and 4 others like this.
  5. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Thanks, She's currently at home have a great old time eating hamburgers. Tomorrow she is going for a ride with me to get ice cream and go chase bunnies and squirrels in the car. Wednesday is the day we say our last goodbyes.

Appears she has bone cancer and it's spread, I'm not going to put her though the pain of surgery and long term medications just so I can have more time with her. That would be selfish.

At least we have a few more days together.

gundog10, GOG, oldawg and 14 others like this.
  6. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

You SIR are doing the right thing , I was selfish with our last Pup that we waited too long I think.
    I'll edit with the Ms joke about pups .
    Sloth

7. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I have laid several good dogs to rest,
    it doesn't get any easier,
    in particular those especially attentive.
    Out of over a dozen I have had, there are a few that remain in my heart.
    And more to come as well.
    Often times it is you that make her special.

TnAndy, SB21, snake6264 and 5 others like this.
  8. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Good choice.

9. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

God bless our puppies..... gone to soon!! [angelsad]

10. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Am sorry to hear of your best companion's circumstances. You are doing the compassionate and ethical thing in minimising your dog's agony. You have my best wishes. Would that my own have the same regard for me when the time of my end run comes.

11. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

12. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

It's always hard to loose a good friend,Condolences my friend !

13. Capt. Tyree

Capt. Tyree Hawkeye

I am sorry to hear of this life chapter ending. It is never easy to say goodbye to a furry friend we've known since puppyhood no matter how old we get. Please know that you are not alone.

14. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

It has been almost 3 years since I had to take Frank on that long last drive to the Vet's, it was one of the hardest things that I have ever done...but it was also one of the best things I have ever done. I remember everyone of the dogs and cats that I have loved over the years and I pray that I will meet all of them at Rainbow Bridge.

15. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

lost a few... last one was due to chinese made dog food... liver enlarged... got so he couldn't walk... had to put him down...

16. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

It's always the Hardest best thing you can do but alas you shall meet again

17. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

A tear has been shed, for your pup, you, and the most loving cat I've ever known that we had to put down 3 weeks ago. It's the right thing to do, but that does not make it easy. I feel for you brother.

18. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

So sorry to hear this ,, it's hard to find words in these occasions,,, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your furry friend.

19. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Mans best friend is a real understatement and the number of years is always to few even when they make it to 15-17 year old age. When I had to take Dizzy Lizzy for that last ride it was the hardest thing I ever had to do and kept putting it off, it just didn't feel right and she was not ready. Then one morning and this might sound crazy she gave me that look that said "I just can't take it anymore Dad, its time for me to say goodbye." About a Month before the Tumor showed up she had her first and only litter pups at 8 years old. I swear Izzapoo is Lizzy reincarnated and like my guardian and best friend never left. At four years old now Izzapoo just keeps getting even more and more like her Mother. Even gives that look and whine that says "Noooooooooo Yer about to do something stupid again!" It has been my experience that when one leaves us another one somehow appears to fill the void sooner or later. Don't envy the choice you had to make even a little bit :(

20. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Hurts, don't it?

[​IMG]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7