Saying goodbye to part of your security system and family ...

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by VisuTrac, Jul 24, 2020.

1. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Sure does. I picked out her resting spot over looking the barn yard and side lane. Actually she picked it out a long time ago as it was her watching spot tucked into a nook in the tree line. Seems like a good choice.

2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

The GREATEST thing man kind ever did for him self, Domesticated the Wolf!

We had to say goodbye to our Beloved Golden Retriever back in Feb, and it still stings! Saying goodbye to them is the hardest thing!
    Know that ALL dogs are welcomed into the kingdom of heaven, and they will be there waiting for us tails wagging when our time comes!
    [​IMG]

3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Life goes on, and man and dog still need each other! We welcomed a new pup to our pack! Little buggers sure do have a way of worming their way into your heart forever! Our Malinois Hans, a seriously dangerous smarty, and cuddle monster!
    [​IMG]

4. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

I'm sorry for your loss. There's really no words.

Gator 45/70, VisuTrac, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  5. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

I have a Jack Russell that’s 17 yrs going on 18 yrs. He can not hear,almost blind but Toby is still getting around. I will keep him as long as he’s not in severe pain. I’m 77 so it won’t be long before the end for both of us.
    [flag]

Gator 45/70, GOG and VisuTrac like this.
  6. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

Sweet dreams faithful doggo :(

Gator 45/70 and VisuTrac like this.
  7. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Attached Files:

8. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

1 damned smart 5 year old ,,,

VisuTrac and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I can unequivocally say today was my worst day ever.
    But Jazz can now go after all the bunnies, squirrels and woodchucks she wants.

SB21, Cruisin Sloth and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. Jaybird

Jaybird Monkey+++

My heart is heavy for you right now. May you find peace soon. It is always hard.

SB21, VisuTrac and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Im with JAYBIRD Also Sir ..
    It's hard BUT you made the correct decision.
    Sloth

VisuTrac and SB21 like this.
  12. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

My condolences to you ,, but know that Jazz is in a better place ,, and did his job well here on this planet.

VisuTrac likes this.
  13. Navyair

Navyair Monkey++

Sure stinks having to do that. My daughter is a Vet. Says 50% of dog deaths today are from cancer...they aren't sure why. Certainly when I was a kid we didn't have that high of a rate, or perhaps they just couldn't test for it properly.

We lost our last Shar Pei to bone cancer as well and two previous ones to other cancers. We made the same type choice you did, but it was still hard.

I can't prove it, but I suspect commercial dog food has something to do with it.

14. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

lost one to a swollen liver... he couldn't walk... his rear legs just didn't work anymore...

IIRC that chinese made dog food that the American pet food sellers bought and resold was the culprit

SB21, Cruisin Sloth and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7