September is National Preparedness Month

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Motomom34, Sep 23, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I know the month is almost over but I always use September as a month to review my preparedness. Like a squirrel prepares for winter, it is a good exerciser to review everything in your preparedness plan.

Screenshot 2021-09-23 at 14-15-14 12 Ways to Prepare - ready_12-ways-to-prepare_postcard pdf.

Here is a sample of things to review. I got it off the Ready.gov site. Have your document been up-dated? Has your phone tree changed? How are your supplies? I know my pandemic preps took a hit over the last 19 months so restocking what worked, what didn't has been happening.

Here is a good link to the ready. gov publications: Free Publications | Ready.gov

And this link is for the main gov page. National Preparedness Month | Ready.gov

Many of you may not need it but since the pandemic, more folks have been interested in learning and it could be a good site to pass on to family & friends.

GOG, 3M-TA3, Meat and 4 others like this.
  2. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Always good to take a look at things again.

What if you impliment all of the above and end up with a neighborhood watch that looks like a local militia? I don't think that's what the .gov folks had in mind, but the checklist works that way too.

Meat, duane, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

The day I stop prepping is the day I need all that, so anytime I can, i'm working through it all, fine tuning, testing, and working through!!

GOG, Meat, duane and 2 others like this.
  4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I always like the . go v lists because sometimes I catch something I over looked or something that no longer works for us. I started prepping when the youngest was in elementary school so needs and sizes have changed.

Meat, duane, Altoidfishfins and 3 others like this.
  5. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I bought a big pack of crapping paper a week ago,, 1st pack of crapping paper I've bought in about 3 years. Stocked up on a few canned goods . I'm way behind where I should be,, but I work pretty good under pressure,, so hopefully I'm still OK.

GOG, STANGF150, Motomom34 and 2 others like this.
  6. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

word is the price of food gonna go way up very soon??? think Kroger said that???

Meat, duane and SB21 like this.
  7. TinyDreams

TinyDreams Monkey++

Food has already gone up…soups used to be $1 and the price of meat has definitely gone up as well ($8 for a small bag of wings). Next year I think I’m going to try growing greens inside…and maybe start a worm bin. It literally might pay for itself.

Motomom34, Meat, duane and 1 other person like this.
  8. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

Might be a good time to rotate that stash of can goods and dry food stuff. Every ten years of so I go through it all and use up some of the older stuff and replace it.

GOG, Motomom34, oldawg and 1 other person like this.
  9. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I established a hidden room for my preps and I'm toying with establishing another.

GOG, STANGF150 and Motomom34 like this.
  10. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I have noticed the price increases at the grocery store. I need to go through my cupboards because last year in March, April and May, I learned what we liked to eat. I have foods that we just do not eat taking up space. I can donate the stuff we don’t like to the food shelf, which has been packed with cars the last few months.

oldawg, Meat and SB21 like this.
  11. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

See if you can do a trade,,

Meat and Motomom34 like this.
  12. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Never thought of that. Hate to take from those in need.

Meat and SB21 like this.
  13. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

You're not taking from them ,, just swapping. They probably won't do it ,, but it's worth a try .

Meat likes this.
  1. Coyote Ridge
  2. Yard Dart
  3. Yard Dart
  4. fl4848
  5. Motomom34
  6. Yard Dart
  7. Yard Dart
  8. Yard Dart
  9. Coyote Ridge
  10. Motomom34
  11. Meat