Severe Weather 3/31/23

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by kckndrgn, Mar 31, 2023.

1. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Hoping all the Monkeys are safe today.
    Been watching the YouTube channel "Ryan Hall Y'all" all day covering the severe weather and tornado outbreaks.
    Had tornados near me (SW TN) so far but there's another round queuing up in AR heading this way.

My boss gave me the afternoon off to prepare (not that I wasn't already). Took the time to rotate stored water (ahead of schedule), ran the generator to make sure it was primed and ready, walked the property and secured anything that might blow away.

file.

2. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

@kckndrgn Stay safe! It sounds like you're well prepared. I hope that if it comes near you that there will be minimal damage.

Dunerunner, sec_monkey and Meat like this.
  3. survivistal

survivistal Monkey

The Wx ap on my non-sim phone gave me a tornado warning too. Last time I was near one was in KS about 50yrs ago.

Dunerunner and Meat like this.
  4. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Lots of small tornados around here this afternoon.

Dunerunner and sec_monkey like this.
  5. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

[biggrouphug] [biggrouphug] all yall

mysterymet, Dunerunner and Alanaana like this.
  6. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

We lucked out again. Had tornadoes to the north and south of us util about 11pm CDT. All we got was heavy rain, so heavy it was overflowing the gutters on the house. A little bit of wind, but nothing out of the ordinary for a storm.
    I do know people that were in the path of the tornados to the north, south and in Little Rock.
    Lots and lots of tornados yesterday

mysterymet, Dunerunner and sec_monkey like this.
  7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

6 feet of snow at the Ranch, with lots more to come!

sec_monkey likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7