Sex and Pregnancy During SHTF/WROL

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by lonewolf88, Mar 3, 2016.

1. shaman

shaman Monkey++

. . . I got to thinking about this again, and I was looking back on my wild and crazy phase that lasted from the late 70's to the late 80's. This was after the sexual revolution had kind of run its course. I was trying to remember a group of people, any group, that was anything but highly discriminate on matters of sex. I really could not come up with one.

Take the Rendevousers as an example. These are guys who like to play at being Mountain Men. The call will go out that they're all going to meet at some remote place on such and such day, and they all show up and do it up old style for a few days. Women come along too, and for a few days they may all engage in many encounters with multiple partners.

Just don't show up with in an ensemble you bought from a catalog and a CVA rifle and expect to jump into the puppy pile. Nope. These people have known each other for years and have been doing this stuff exclusively with each other. The rest of the year they're fairly straight laced. The one guy I knew that was deeply into it was a Portfolio Manager that had millions under management. In other circumstances, I got invited to sit around the campfire outside the Teepee during the day while folks were still coming too from the night before. If I'd signed up to go for this sort of thing, it would have been a long while before I got invited to spend the night.

Take any group you want: Mensa, Sierra Club, Tall Club, Short Club, they all vet heavily. Oh sure, you may get lucky on your first canoe trip, but you're probably getting the group's bicycle girl, or the Alpha Coyote marking her territory. Both end up marking you as untouchable.

2. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

I know that wild hook ups did not happen at any of the Rendezvous I've been to. Not saying it didn;t happen, but this may be a subject of a time period, not a reason to go 18th century.

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I have been to a number of Washington State Rendezvous, back in the day... (before '91) and Yes, they did get kind of "wild" after dark... AlaskaChick & I usually just setup our Camp, off in the surrounding woods, so that they could have their Fun, and we could have our Privacy... Spent a number of wonderful evenings, with Ted Fellows, and Lou Navarraro, while learning the BP Shooting Trade.... Still have the Ted Fellows Trade Rifle... One of the LAST, Ones he ever built.... Rifles.
    The top one is My .50 Hawkin, I built back in '75... The Bottom one is Alaskachick's Ted Fellows ".50 Trade Rifle"
    Alaskachick made the cover for the Hawkin, that is just above it....

4. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

That trade'r is SEXY. He had a good eye.

5. lonewolf88

lonewolf88 Monkey

The Amish are the exception. If condoms/diaphragms/female condoms are used or considered, whats the big deal? My statement goes toward modern society or a majority thereof. Why is there so much fear mongering?! Many tend to think with the blanket assumption ''every man online is a rapist or bad.'' Which makes traditional dating and getting to know people difficult.

6. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

The answer to all statements other than the rifles is feminism...from what I can tell, the route cause of a lot of modern ills. And I can produce sources if anyone cares.

7. lonewolf88

lonewolf88 Monkey

Feminism has been taken way out of context, nearly to radical or insane levels. I don't see Boudicca blatantly refusing to hear reason and Boudicca was a truly strong woman, a warrior queen at that. Feminists, not really. More likely to assault a woman for liking sex or assault clients in abortion clinics than to press for true equality.

8. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

The SC is a randy lot. It is said " if you can't get laid at The Pennsic War, you can't get laid at all". And there is a lot of truth to that. Condoms are a must. And bring more than you think you will need. I had to go into town for more. Lube is appreciated as well. And good hygiene will make you very popular.

9. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Household How To: How to Sew Cloth Pads (mama pads) - Tutorial (Updated)
    How to Make Your Own Reusable Cloth Menstrual Sanitary (Mama) Pad
    Cut out the 4 layers you need for 1 pad

[​IMG]

Pin right sides together of both bottom layers and top layers

[​IMG]

Sew layers together with a 1/4 inch seam allowance, leaving a small gap open. Turn right side out.
    Top stitch the bottom layer, closing up the unsewn gap as you are top stitching.

[​IMG]

Pin the top layer on the bottom layer.

[​IMG]

Top stitch the top layer. Then sew once again about 1/2 inch inside the topper.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attach snaps to desired fit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can be folded down into a square after use.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Using Mama Cloth:
    Just like cloth diapers, store used cloths in a dry wet bag until ready to wash. I do a cold rinse then a hot wash with detergent. I also use a little bleach. Then one extra cold rinse. Dry in dryer (doesn't take long!)

Motomom34 and chelloveck like this.
  10. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Nice to see a practical suggestion. I was wondering if I was trawling through a getting laid / partner swapping / in-breeding avoidance thread.:LOL:

Motomom34 and Ganado like this.
  11. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Clearly, the "ewww" factor will need to be overcome when SHTF.

I imagine cloth diapers will also make a comeback ---

12. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I just use my underwear that gets too worn. I cut it up and just wrap it around my unholy underwear. I rinse them out in vinegar water. Of course that's only if I don't have pads. And I'm old enough to be a grandma now, so hopefully I won't have to deal with this crap for too much longer.

Motomom34, chelloveck and Ganado like this.
  13. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Seems like some old worn out cotton sheets might have a repurpose.

chelloveck likes this.
  14. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Cotton sheets are pretty densely woven and are not necessarily the best for absorbency of volume

chelloveck likes this.
  15. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Perhaps some of the newer microfiber cloths would work better. They seem to be quite absorbent and can be purchased by the bagful at china (harbor) freight for next to nothing. If nothing else, they work good for cleaning and polishing ;)

16. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

the Blue or Red bulk shop cloths you can buy in bulk are very absorbent. They come in bundles/boxes of 50 to 100. Probably a good thing to have in your preps

chelloveck and Ganado like this.
  17. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The rags used in printing press rooms are pretty absorbent when new. You might be able to source them with a chat at the nearby printing house.

chelloveck likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7