She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy!!!

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Yard Dart, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Post a picture of your tractor (s) if you have one or more and a little about them.... always interested in what folks are using or interested in refurbishing.

I picked up a 1950 Ferguson TO-20 with a Continental engine Z-126 gasoline engine.
    The tractor itself needs a bit of refurbishing....as she is an old girl that has worked.
    Mechanically she runs sound and pulls our brush hog with no problem on our 8 acres.
    1950 Ferguson TO-20 (2)_LI.

It marked a major advance in tractor design, distinguished by light weight, small size, maneuverability and versatility. The TE20 popularized Harry Ferguson's invention of the hydraulic three-point hitch system around the world, and the system quickly became an international standard for tractors of all makes and sizes that has remained to this day. The tractor played a large part in introducing widespread mechanised agriculture. In many parts of the world the TE20 was the first tractor to be affordable to the average farmer and was small and light enough to replace the draft horse and manual labor. Many TE20s remain in regular use in farming and other work and the model is also a popular collector's item for enthusiasts today.
    Ferguson TE20 - Wikipedia

Ganado, Airtime, HK_User and 9 others like this.
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I run an old Bolens For most everything around the ranch, especially useful for mowing with the gang reels!

[​IMG]
    For more industrial needs, the 5 ton Cat Crawler gets the nod!
    [​IMG]

Airtime, HK_User, Alf60 and 6 others like this.
  3. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Bro I have a line on engine parts should you need them. Those old Continentals will run forever with a bit of care. The front and rear seals will start weeping sooner or later.
    20170327_163448.
    1947 I think. I can't remember if it's a '46 or '47 right now. Anyways it's a Super A, originally ment to run on kerosene. It has two fuel tanks, one for the kerosene and the other for gas. You started it on gas then switched it over. This is a hell of a garden tractor. I have the breaking plow, cultivators, disc, belly mower and grist mill attachments for her. She'll do a days work and just sip gas.
    My other tractor is a Ford 3910 but I don't have a pic of it yet.

Them 'ol Fergies are good tractors:)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    Ganado, Airtime, HK_User and 7 others like this.
  4. Yard Dart

Very nice tractors!!!
    I could use that Cat to push some stuff around!!! ;)

5. Yard Dart

Sweet Farmall!!!!!! :)

6. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I don't presently have a tractor,,,but if I did,

[​IMG]
    I'd want one like this to tote my grannies around with...they tend to escape from an automobile...demented grannies may not know who they are, what day it is, where they are going or why....but they are cunning mischievous escape artists...

7. Yard Dart

Chello....chello... chellow.... OMG. [cmfrt]

Tully Mars, Meat, HK_User and 3 others like this.
  8. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Thanks! The Bolens was a "Yard Sale Find" the lady selling it didn't want an old tractor around, and her grand kids couldn't be bothered to try and start it, so they bought a cheap crapsman that lasted a season! The Cat I got for free, haul it off the property and I could have it! Took three days, two torches and a few gallons of trans fluid to get it un froze and three trucks ( Including my Mack RDX) to drag it out and up on the trailer! Took 2 years to completely rebuild it! EVERY Single part is still available from Cat for these, at most a week out from the factory warehouse in Peoria!

Tully Mars, Airtime, Meat and 5 others like this.
  9. Yard Dart

A very nice rebuild... an exceptional machine!!

Meat, HK_User, sec_monkey and 3 others like this.
  10. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I LOVE that Cat, best investment ever! I had no idea how much use we would have for such a machine, pretty much year round, and she is as reliable as any, starts right up and idles nice and smooth, and pushes/pulls hard all day every day! Wife even drives it, once I showed her the tricks to starting it, it was just the thing for her and the gardening needs! It's only downside is it's S-L-O-W!

Tully Mars, Airtime, Meat and 6 others like this.
  11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Once I get the Kubota 4X4 Tractor w/bucket & Backhoe out of the Garage, I will post a picture of it here...

Tully Mars, Meat, Gator 45/70 and 4 others like this.
  12. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

She is most likely wondering how much she can sell it for after you're dead.:sneaky:

Tully Mars, Ura-Ki, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  13. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Well on the way to an upgrade I got a little injured, then the wife needed a major bit of surgery and then a year of rehab which has put off my elective surgery and then the CCP hit so sometime soon I'll go under the knife and then a two month rehab and then I'll finally finish the front end loader conversion on the Ford 2310.

It has been a great choice as purchased. In 83 I found it as a "DEAL"at a Houston dealership for some Cali Grape Farmer went bust and had 6 of them repoed. Two ended up in Houston with the nibbles on the tires still intact. Got the whole deal for 8Gs to include,BUSH Hog (brand), box blade, Post Hole digger and little else. Tractor has held up well with only a hydraulic steering line replacement due to brush snagging it.

I rebuilt the box blade 3 times and with the last time I snagged some Diamond Plate armor grade steel plate and a 100ton press break I redid the sections that were weak.

Busted up more than one drill bit on the PH digger and cracked a U-joint from all the rock I own.
    TractorData.com Ford 2310 tractor information

Ford 2310
    [​IMG]
    1982 - 1985
    Utility tractor
    Series next: Ford 2610

Production:
    Manufacturer: Ford

Ford 2310 Engine:
    Ford 2.6L 3-cyl diesel
    full engine details ...

Capacity:
    Fuel: 13 gal [49.2 L]
    Rear axle: 24.6 qts [23.3 L]

3-Point Hitch:
    Rear Type: I
    Rear lift (at 24"/610mm): 1975 lbs [895 kg]

Power Take-off (PTO):
    Rear PTO: live
    Rear RPM: 540

Dimensions & Tires:
    Wheelbase: 75.8 inches [192 cm]
    Weight: 3437 to 5962 pounds
    Front tire: 6.00-16
    Rear tire: 13.6-28
    full dimensions and tires ...

Ford 2310 attachments:
    front-end loader
    all 2310 attachments ...

2310 Serial Numbers:
    1982: C682000
    1983: C694500
    1984: C707400
    1985: C732600

how to read serial numbers...

Ford 2310 Power:
    Engine (gross): 36.5 hp [27.2 kW]
    Engine: 34.3 hp [25.6 kW]
    PTO (claimed): 32 hp [23.9 kW]
    Drawbar (tested): 27.51 hp [20.5 kW]
    PTO (tested): 32.47 hp [24.2 kW]
    power test details ...

Mechanical:
    Chassis: 4x2 2WD
    4x4 MFWD 4WD
    Steering: manual
    Brakes: drum
    Cab: Two-post ROPS

Hydraulics:
    Type: live
    Pressure: 2500 psi [172.4 bar]
    Pump flow: 8.5 gpm [32.2 lpm]

Electrical:
    Ground: negative
    Charging system: alternator

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  14. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Bought something like this new in 2015,Kubota L-3901
    Came with a bucket and a bush-hog,Added a 5'tillar and a double blade plow !
    Stock photo,Its out on the farm chill'n

kubota.

Ganado, Tully Mars, Airtime and 3 others like this.
  15. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Shelton, Wa. has a really cool show. In July normally. Antique tractors and engines. I rate it two thumbs. :D

Ganado, Ura-Ki, Yard Dart and 2 others like this.
  16. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Everyone has a purpose ,, some when alive ,,, some dead ,,,, ,

Yard Dart, Ura-Ki, Meat and 1 other person like this.
  17. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

I have a small JD 770 compact with bucket and backhoe much like this:
    upload_2020-4-20_11-18-33.

These were made by Yanmar and painted green so parts allegedly can be had thru both networks. I have the ag style tires on mine. Its early 90s vintage and previous owner didn’t take great care of it. Never lubed the backhoe or bucket pivots so they are loose and wallered out. I’ve replaced lots of cylinder seals but it still leaks tranny/hydraulic oil. Oh well.
    I use it a lot. Wish I had the big brother 790 version instead. This is 23 HP but I can still run out of power bush hogging and I run out of bucket lifting capability (its in the 500-700 pound range depending how you are lifting) and back hoe power regularly. The 790 has more HP and higher system hydraulic pressure so it can lift more and it has a much heavier front axle. So I recommend the bigger brother or a newer model with quick detach front bucket to switch to forks easily. Still, this has been remarkably handy.
    Attachments: backhoe with 3 buckets, front bucket, belly mower, landscape box,
    grader blade, tiller, lift hook, bush hog and a couple other things.

I have pallet forks that clamp onto bucket and while handy, they put weight way too forward so can’t lift much and can over load front axle and wheels. So forks that replace a bucket are much better, plus you can see them better.

Recommendations:
    If getting a small tractor spend the money for one with a front bucket having both lift and dump hydraulic control. This is so remarkably handy. I use the bucket to move machine tools (mill, lathe, etc.) to lift stuff like refrigerators into back of a pickup, to grade landscaping, with chains to hoist things (weld or bolt chain grab hooks to bucket).
    upload_2020-4-20_12-19-15.

Lifting, pushing and moving stuff is probably what I most value the tractor for.

Also get diesel (fuel stores longer and better) and 30 hp or better if you can since this will have at least 22-25 hp at the PTO which is nice for a PTO genset.

AT

Ganado, Yard Dart, Tully Mars and 5 others like this.
  18. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Sorry , not smart enough to post pics ,, MF 1020 with Boom Pole , 4' Bushhog , Box scrape , and just bought a post hole digger for 250 bucks with a 9" auger . Mine has the turf tires as well , and I could sure use the ag tires . I'd sure like to have something bigger ,maybe around the 40 hp range . Definetly could use the FEL .

19. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I got a pretty good deal on a older New Holland Skid Steer. I purchased a V-Plow for it and does the business really well.

However, I am thinking of selling it and getting a tractor as they don't tear up the ground so much when driving. I got to be careful to make gentle turns with that Skid Steer as it tears the ground up horribly. The other thing that the tractor could give me is a Backhoe attachment. It would be darn handy around here...

20. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Yes sir Bandit. I've got a guy that's storing a bobcat S175 at my house,, and I tore my yard up pretty quick with that thing. So I definitely know what you mean. I've wondered if the rubber tracks are as bad as the tires. I would think not ,,but turning could rip it up as well I guess

1. Dunerunner
  2. Alanaana
  3. Alanaana
  4. Alanaana
    A total game changer!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 5, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  5. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 2, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
  7. Alanaana
    Media

New_digs

I think they approved of their new digs.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  8. Alanaana
    I 3D printed dome connectors
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 4 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
    Another quail dome after dark.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 5 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  10. Alanaana
    Media

Baby_quail

Welcome to the world, Little One!
  11. Alanaana
    Media

Feeding_time

Quails!
  12. Alanaana
    Media

Flock

Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 2 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  13. Alanaana
    Everyone loves a room with a good view!
  14. Alanaana
  15. Alanaana
    These quail egg clippers are a game changer!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 23, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  16. Alanaana
  17. Alanaana
  18. Alanaana
    Media

First_eggs

I was so thrilled to find that first set of eggs!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 23, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  19. Alanaana
    Media

Free_range

It was a dream come true to have a free-range flock!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 23, 2023, 2 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  20. Alanaana
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7