She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy!!!

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Yard Dart, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Re; posts #2 & #8. I retired from Caterpillar as an electrician (2011), worked on anything with wires and fuses. I started off in the tool crib (1973) and one thing I did there was hand out part prints to machine operators. My first foreman showed me to look at the info in the lower corner to see who drew the print and when. Oldest one I passed out was dated 1918. I wasn't sure if Cat still stocked parts for any old machine. May be made by someone else. And I think the parts depot is actually in Morton.

2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Ping me if you see a date, please. :)

3. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Yes. Will do. Last year I was very impressed. The best part....Free! :D

Gator 45/70, Ura-Ki and Yard Dart like this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Not really a "Tractor" in the traditional sense, but Boy, does this bugger get used a lot, almost daily in fact!
    [​IMG]
    Not mine, but mine is the same! Mine was a "project" to say the least, needing a bunch of repairs and rust issues, and the engine was seized! I spent a year re building it, replaced the engine with a VW turbo diesel and automatic trans, rebuilt the entire suspension from the new road wheel system with torsion bar ends, and new idlers and axle, replaced the track belts and made new growsers and had Good Year make center belt rubber track pads for on road use, and repaired the tub and cab to better then new! Mine didn't have a top or doors just the windshield and I kind of like it ( except with it's snowing/cold) I built a new bed with power electric tilt, and a roll bar/head ache rack for it, and hinged bed sides and tail gate! We use it for hauling gardening stuff, plants, seed, tools, and what ever, and winter time, we use it to haul firewood from the storage shed to the house. It's also a super slick rig for runs to town and patrolling the fire roads during the season, and for hunting as it makes for a neato rig for hauling game back to the house for processing! It's about the size of a Jeep CJ-5, but a little wider, and can hit about 50 mph, but it doesn't like going much over 35, those tracks want to fly off when the speed gets up there! LOL

STANGF150, Tully Mars, SB21 and 5 others like this.
  5. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Now that is sexy!!

Tully Mars, SB21, sec_monkey and 2 others like this.
  6. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Thanks! It's super fun to drive, goes every where, and is light enough that if I do get it stuck, I can usually pull it out with my CJ-2A with out issue, unless I get the Jeep stuck as well!

7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Back in the day, I drove a Thiokol, about that size, doing snow grooming and for Ski Patrol Rescues... it had. Ford Falcon 6Cyl Gaser driving a 4Speed tranny... I liked it cause, back then, my ride was a Ford Falcon Stationwagon, that had the same running gear... What a job... Got to drive that rig, and got paid for doing it... Such a deal....

Tully Mars, SB21, sec_monkey and 3 others like this.
  8. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Looks like it is July 10th through 12th this year.
    @Yard Dart :D

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    SB21, Yard Dart, Ura-Ki and 1 other person like this.
  9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Oh Hell yeah man, I could see myself going for a lil ride !!!

10. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

We have a few of those around here every year . I think 1 o them is called the Threshers Reunion ,, pretty cool to see a lot of that old stuff still running ,, and a lot of it for sale . I've been wanting 1 of those old hit and miss motors . We had an old tractor store near here , and they would have auctions there once a month , used to be able to find some old gear there, but , they just closed up a few months ago . It's getting harder to find that stuff anymore .

Meat, Gator 45/70 and Tully Mars like this.
  11. I attended the Thresher's Reunion in Mt. Pleasent a couple times, got to ride the train. Dad remembered using a lot of the equipment on display.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    Tully Mars, Gator 45/70, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  12. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I doubt it will be held this year, but we have the "Great Steam Up" every year near Salem, it's a seriously awesome event, hundreds of steam engines, fuel burners, and tractors and other unique powered things, even one hell of a swap meet, your bound to find that next project you didn't know you needed! I found a bearded bark axe, non handed for $8.00, Who even knew there was such a thing, and it followed me home along with a pickup bed full of other stuff We couldn't do with out!
    No edit on their web sight, so here's hoping!
    Steam-Up — Powerland Heritage Park

13. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Now Shelton, Wa. can be a little rough. Loggers might lack brains but the brawn part...The Finlander always called them “Stupid Loggers” and he was one. At least it’s a great show! :D

SB21, Gator 45/70 and Yard Dart like this.
  14. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Even on the packed gravel driveway it will tear it up pretty quick if you let it. Don't get me wrong, I love it and you certainly have better visibility and better control but - well - there are pros and cons to both (skid steer vs. tractor) and one has to find out which better suits you. That V-Plow was a huge investment in itself so I will probably keep it but we'll see. I am a newbie with these things so learning as I go...

15. john316

john316 Monkey+++

nice rock

16. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Yard Dart and Gator 45/70 like this.
  17. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

18. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

1. Dunerunner
  2. Alanaana
  3. Alanaana
  4. Alanaana
    A total game changer!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 5, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  5. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 2, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
  7. Alanaana
    Media

New_digs

I think they approved of their new digs.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  8. Alanaana
    I 3D printed dome connectors
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 4 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
    Another quail dome after dark.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 5 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  10. Alanaana
    Media

Baby_quail

Welcome to the world, Little One!
  11. Alanaana
    Media

Feeding_time

Quails!
  12. Alanaana
    Media

Flock

Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 2 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  13. Alanaana
    Everyone loves a room with a good view!
  14. Alanaana
  15. Alanaana
    These quail egg clippers are a game changer!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 23, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  16. Alanaana
  17. Alanaana
  18. Alanaana
    Media

First_eggs

I was so thrilled to find that first set of eggs!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 23, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  19. Alanaana
    Media

Free_range

It was a dream come true to have a free-range flock!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 23, 2023, 2 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  20. Alanaana
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7