SHELTER in place...ramblings

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by john316, Mar 22, 2020.

1. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

This has given me an opportunity to monitor a few things. charmin-toilet-paper-003700099547-64_1000_1000x.
    I now see this as an eighty day supply.
    IMG_20200326_075902. Here's my research data. (y)

Bandit99, Gator 45/70 and ditch witch like this.
  2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Being married both of mine could easily read 3/15. When I was a bachelor and split a house with two other guys I bought a pack from Costco as a house donation for the shared bathroom. When I moved elsewhere 6 months later for a different job the majority was still there.

Add to the rule of 3's:
    30 minutes - lack of TP is crisis for a girl.
    30 hours - lack of TP in an inconvenience for a guy

SB21, STANGF150, Oddcaliber and 3 others like this.
  3. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

If you had to wipe every time you peed it'd be a crisis for you too. Unless you enjoy walking around with a wet crotch. Who am I to judge?
    So far the record for me is 5 days on 1 roll. Great Northern Ultra Plus mega roll. For reference that was a week without tacos or sharks, supplemented with Cottonelle Flushable Wipes, XL.

4. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

And my state just issued a state wide shelter in place order starting Monday at 5:00 pm.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. hot diggity

Yup, ought to be an absolute madhouse on Monday as everybody scrambles to get last minute car repairs done and make that last trip to wherever. If they read the order they'd find that there are so many exceptions that their panic isn't warranted. There will certainly be some jurisdictions with heavy handed local governments that will go beyond what the order says and start pulling over anything rolling, but the Governor has added enough exceptions to prevent much legal backlash.

Section 1. Stay at Home

Paragraph 1. ... Individuals experiencing homelessness are exempt from this Executive Order...

How thoughtful of the Governor. Bless his heart.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Yeah, I read that and literally shook my head. Said something similar about domestic abuse victims. No kidding dude, if it was easy or an option they’d have already done it!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I became an essential employee in this cause I sell auto parts part time. Still trying to figure out why the doors are open on a industry that is based on delivery to commercial customers, and that is easily expanded to homes in the area.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. hot diggity

Folks might learn how to carry and use a handkerchief again. I'm not a big fan of this sneezing in the elbow thing. As long as we have this virus about I carry a couple folder paper towels or fancy paper dinner napkins, so I don't have to do laundry as often.

The old reliable cloth handkerchief made me feel like I was really covering my sneeze rather than just redirecting it.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

My shop is still open though very slow. I've seen better crowds at a Bernie Sanders rally! LOL

Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

How Cool,

I just got issued my own person Letter of Transit.

[​IMG]
    Rick would be so proud...

Navyair and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. hot diggity

I saved my "Papers" as a file on my phone.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. Navyair

Navyair Monkey++

I learned my pandemic plan worked. We keep a year's worth of paper products on hand, and about 6 months of dried stores, maybe more if you aren't fussy about the menu. We use and replace stuff and I haven't touched any of the dehydrated meat, rice, or mac n cheese in deep storage. I did buy a few pre-packaged meals from Honeyville (who I've bought a lot of stuff with). They were sold out of everything else. Meals were good, and 11.99 for 1-5 or $5.99 for 6+. Went back to send some to my kids...$12.99 each. They are off my list. Sent 'em a note "Welllllll. The "sale" ended." No it didn't. That was your regular price. You just took away the quantity discount and raised the price slightly. Sigh. Didn't really need them and sent the ones I bought to my kids. One is famously a young lady who keeps almost no food in the house. Told 'em to put them away if they didn't need them for next time.

I could have had a little more hand sanitizer on the list. I gave away a few bottles to friends who had none. Gave most of my pandemic tyvek suits, N-95 masks and gloves to the hospital, the police, the post office and my mail lady. Kept 5 masks and a couple of boxes of gloves for my use. (Neighbors older than me needed to go out so they got half box of gloves and 2 of those 5 masks).

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. PoppaJ

PoppaJ Monkey

As the registered prescription giver to my 92 year old Mother I finally got clearance to enter her apartment via the outside door that enters her apartment. I'm restricted to the inside of her apartment but at least I get to tend to her needs. I did have to tell her that my visits would be weekly unless something urgent comes up. No more running out to the grocery store for something she has a craving for-too risky. I did stop by Albertson's for food that she needed and noticed they had a limit of One gallon of water per purchase. Glad I didn't need any.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. hot diggity

Not so bad here. Free On Demand movie volume wouldn't stay audible without constant adjustment so I turned it OFF. Books don't need a volume control, and no commercials.

15. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

I learned I have too much TP & Paper towel!!! No, I'm not one those that panic bought. I work in a Factory that makes Paper Towels & TP. Usually in December & July they give us a bunch, with words of going to do so quarterly but they usually forget a quarter year is every 3 months not 6 months. Well, still had a lil from July, got a restock of paper towel, tp, napkns, & facial tissue in December. Then pandemic hit & they started giving us a couple packs every two weeks. I go back to work on my next rotation Friday when we are supposed to get a case of towel & a case of TP each. A case of paper towel is 4 six packs, a case of TP is 4 12 packs!! Hopefully its in cases this time, as trying to carry in the packs without dropping sucks. An I've told my gossiping mother she MIGHT wanna avoid mentioning in her conversations about the plant giving freebies to employees, and even forget where I Work at!!

Ganado and Dont like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7