Shrooms

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by azrancher, Jun 14, 2016.

1. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

OK, these came up under an Avocado tree, in my house.

I was going to feed these to the wife to see if they are safe to eat...

IMG_0091.JPG

oldawg, SB21, Mountainman and 2 others like this.
  2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I take it the wife doesn't know your posting on here?

SB21, gundog10, Yard Dart and 2 others like this.
  3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

You do make me worry.

Gray Wolf, SB21 and Ganado like this.
  4. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

Nice shoes, bad shrooms.

Rancher

SB21 and Motomom34 like this.
  5. gundog10

gundog10 Monkey++

Now That's Funny! Shared it with the wife,,,well, you know

6. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Yep, doing some indoor vegetable gardening this summer (since we're already hitting upper 90's and lower 100's, probably a good idea!), and using potting soil in large pots, for the most part. Had a bag of Miracle Gro "garden soil" left over from a couple years ago, and decided to finish off one last pot with that, instead of buying more.

Cut open the top of the bag, and there were mushrooms growing in the top part of the soil! Well, I'll be....

That one pot (growing hot peppers) has a couple mushrooms growing on top now. Go figure! Guess I'll pull those, and see if any more grow. And NO, the mushrooms won't be going into my next batch of chili!! (much more likely they'll get put into my bitch neighbor's flower beds, instead! ;) )

SB21 and Ganado like this.
  7. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

8. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Nah, that only would've been crap if she or the dog had been eaten! :ROFLMAO:

Hey, talking about mushrooms, heard a story from a buddy of mine, that was rather humorous. "Camping" (with an RV) with the family, they used some dead fall to make a fire one night, including a piece that evidently had some mushroom remains on it. He said that he and his daughter, evidently inhaling some of the smoke from that fire, suddenly started getting VERY silly, and acting as if they were stoned....and both had one helluva hangover, the next morning!

Must've been some good mushrooms, growing on that deadfall! o_O

SB21, Gator 45/70, Meat and 1 other person like this.
  9. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

If you look about min 8:30 to 11:30 he talks about using mushrooms for viral fighting for bees etc. its worth listening to the whole show but a great talk overall

10. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Pray for rain and then off I go. Maybe The Finlander will be healed up by then. Tough old fart.

11. Paul Stamets for President! Love this guy

npe1pas and Ganado like this.
  12. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Recipes with mushroom jerky

the guy who starte this company just got a boost from Shark Tank

Recipes for Mushroom Jerkey

we will hear alot more about mushrooms as food for several reasons
    1) easy to grow alot in a small space
    2) several edible mushrooms have great medicinal and health properties
    3) cheap to grow and easily propagated, dont take a lot of time once you set them up

List of edible mushrooms with pics

https://blog.tastyfix.com/2019/01/11/list-of-edible-mushrooms-with-pictures/

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  13. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I have an gal down the road that wanted me to bring her saw dust for her hippie friends that grow shroons

I'm like go to the parish composite facility,The compost is free, Bring a truck, trailer things like that and they will load you up...for free

14. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

@Gator 45/70 that sounds like a different kind of shroom lol

speaking strictly of culinary mushrooms... there are 3 different mediums or substrata to grow them in depending on the mushroom (rice bran, compressed sawdust pellets, steamed straw)
    ive grown the white button mushrooms and have some lions mane trying to do its thing ... and i love shitake and morels but they require more than my skill level atm.

when you inoculate the substrata everything has to be sterilized.

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. npe1pas

npe1pas Monkey+++

We attended a grow workshop held by Stamets at his business near Olympia. We didn’t have the money needed to do a commercial operation but we grew oyster, shiataki and buttons until the medium was exhausted.

The land gives us a few morels but each spring the chanterelles come out. Not as big and heavy as those from the Pacific Nor Wet but they cook up just fine.

16. JrOrtiz

JrOrtiz Monkey

I know of a combat vet that grows his own mushrooms. The magic kind. He says they helped him get his head fixed. His words. They are an important part of his med kit

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7