1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

SHTF School! GOOD!

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ISplatU, Jun 15, 2012.

1. ISplatU

ISplatU Monkey+

I do not know if this has been posted before, but it is good.

It is a real-life story of Selco (fictional name) who lived through the Bosnian/Serbian wars.

I read his story before, but this is put together in a web site school with new stuff from other contributers.

SHTF School - Real Life Survival Experiences
    tulianr and Cephus like this.
  2. SurvivalTech

SurvivalTech Monkey

Good story, but I am already preparing for my dogs, as I have three- one pitbull/collie, pitbull/lab, and a deer chihuahua ( which the chihuahua is a good alarm and will quiet down if needed.). my lab mix is a good dog but doesn't listen to me much so I ignore her but make sure she listens still but my pit collie is nice she listens and understands- my lab is just too stuck up.
  3. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

Selco is pretty good. I've been reading and listening to his blog for the last couple of months. He brings up a lot of things that you just never thought of before- because he lived through it already.

I never thought to post his link on here because I was sure someone already did. How did I find out about SHTF School then?

I haven't gone all-in and paid for a membership to his school, though. It isn't much, just $27 FRNS. I'm not sure how much more info you can get over what is already in his blog.

Defenetly worth a read, he has made me go "hhhmmm" quite a few times.
  4. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++ Site Supporter

This Selco guy was a member of survivalistboard.com. It was found that he was a fraud. Bosnian mans story of surviving year long seige. - Survivalist Forum. I am a member there also and remember that he was banned and all his post were totally deleted.

I will not pass judgement about his philosophy, for he did reveal a lot of strong points about survival in general, but I would not spend any money to become a member of his web site. That information can found her for free.
    dragonfly and tacmotusn like this.
  5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn Mosquito Sailor

Good to know. Thanks for sharing.
  6. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Dam...and I've been reading a lot his stuff...Oh Well, it's not all bad!
  7. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

I agree. We can learn from others, even if it is only their imagination we are hearing. Too bad someone feels the need to misrepresent themselves; but anything that makes me think is a good thing.
  8. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

There is always something to learn. ;)

Perhaps to them, the recognition given to an author of fiction is less than what is given to a survivor of reality?
    tulianr likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary