Slamming The Brakes On Surviving

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by Dont, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

2. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

ochit likes this.
  3. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

ochit and Yard Dart like this.
  4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

5. ochit

ochit Monkey+

AAAAhhHhHaaa were all gonna die ! eventually :D

Tempstar, Dont and Yard Dart like this.
  6. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

I decided I ain't goin'.

ochit likes this.
  7. ochit

ochit Monkey+

I Think I'm pretty much immune from that mouth to anus disease --just saying .

8. Lancer

Lancer TANSTAFL! Site Supporter+++

Most likely on the interstate during my daily commutes......

VisuTrac and ochit like this.
  9. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

That crap is real and not amusing when you get the pneumonia version of resistant staph. 2 years and 2 months ago I thought I had a early summer cold, the next morning I felt like death warmed up a bit, went to the Dokter who sent me straight to the hospital, where in about a hour they determined I was in septic shock, sporting a 111 degree fever which got me dumped in ice.... Dokter told me I was probably going to die and had maybe a 5% survival chance. I obviously lived and the last two years has been hell in recovering from all of the organ damage. Mostly to the Lungs, heart, kidneys and liver Kidneys have slowly healed, liver healed fast, heart is doing ok, scarring in the lungs is permanent and as a bonus the high fevers fried my hypothalamus in my brain and I can't tell when I am getting to hot or cold and my body can no longer regulate its temperature very well........ LOL I am like a lizard. My dog Izzapoo for whatever reason is very in tune to my body temp and herds me inside when she decides I am getting to hot or cold. On the bright side I get to hot and 10 minutes in the AC seems to reset the brain switch and I am good for some more outside, same with cold and 10 minutes by the wood stove.

That was the major driver in cutting the small farming back and doing the food trailer (The trailer has a BIG AC unit on top that I can duck into as needed at markets and set ups) MRSA is real and can turn a big strong man that could go 16-20 hours per day working hard into a lump of crap that can barely move............. Last Christmas eve my Brother called me and told me my sister in law (His Wife) had just died from Sepsis (Septic shock) caused by MRSA Pneumonia and that she had gone from healthy to dead in less than 24 hours. Once that crap turns yer body septic life gets real questionable, real fast. I can tell you first hand that if you survive it........ you don't think of recovery in terms of weeks or months but in terms of YEARs. 2 years in and the Dokter puts me at about 65% of what I was before getting sick and at best I will get back to 80% with some things like the brain and lungs never healing or recovering. Been more than a few times over the last two years that I have wondered if surviving was a good thing, no fun spending a year feeling like a mule was kicking you with both hooves in the low back and half the time you take a leak, peeing what looked like straight blood, or walking a 1/8th of a mile and breathing like you just ran a marathon.

Worst part is when you do get the common cold and can't help but wonder if you have the MRSA again and get to repeat the living hell again. Or think of your Sister in Law that was only 38 and went from healthy to dead that fast. And a brother that is pissed at you because you survived it and his wife didn't. Hers was totally unrelated to mine 200 miles between us and I had not seen her in 3 years before she died.

Ganado likes this.
  10. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

This is one of the reasons I make colloidal silver.

11. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

12. ochit

ochit Monkey+

Cigarette smoke, back when we were able to smoke in hospitals we din't have all this crap.

Tempstar likes this.
  13. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Yep. Back when everyone smoked and did it everywhere people sure seemed tougher. Didn't hear about MRSA or peanut allergies back then...

ochit likes this.
  14. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Maybe because back then the little ones ate a lot more dirt and bugs?

15. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

it's the antibiotics that are over used till infections become immune to the antibiotics. FYI not everything in the world is about being tougher, many times its about being smarter

Gator 45/70, Thunder5Ranch and ghrit like this.
  16. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

For sure, the littlies are overprotected (and probably overmedicated) compared to most of those born before 1965. We ate dirt and it's contents as well as rolling around in strange stuff (including poison ivy -once) now and then. WAY fewer asthmatics in the older age groups, for example. We also learned that lefty was that way because he stuck his hand under the mower deck with the blades engaged. We don't need no steenking stickers.

Gator 45/70 and oldawg like this.
  17. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Does kind of go along with being tougher in that every time a kid gets a runny nose the parents had them at the doctor or ER demanding antibiotics for it and the dokters gave it out like candy.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

In my day we saw the result of reliance on modern medicine and it was not that impressive .
    People are fed propaganda and like snake oil salesmen get the FDA to give their Okey dokey with a few bucks under the table and good to go.
    I knew families that went to extreme measures for cleanliness, and were sick all the time (self fulfilling prophecy) ,and the opposite as well, never went to the doctor and didn't get sick very often . Dad often said , " pay attention ,and take lesson " .
    Dad was into alternative medicines even then .
    Do to the weakened nature of the foods we have available, It's no wonder that we have the problems we do .
    Top worst foods are dead over cooked and lack any food value at all.
    High fructose and sugar are another.
    Like any one listens .

Garand69 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  1. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 11, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  2. Alanaana
  3. Alanaana
    Media

Jungle_gym

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Alanaana
    Media

Home_gym

I love my home gym!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  5. Alanaana
    Media

Starfruits!

In flight
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
  7. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  8. Alanaana
    Foot hooping
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jan 28, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  10. Alanaana
    I love Sundays!
  11. Alanaana
  12. Ariasmith
  13. Alanaana
    I'm always happier outside!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  14. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra has life figured out!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  15. Alanaana
  16. Alanaana
  17. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 26, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  18. Alanaana
  19. Alanaana
  20. Alanaana
    Media

Garden

My herb garden loves the rain.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 25, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7