So It's Better to Leave the City on a Bike than Stay in Your Stocked City Home During TEOTWAWKI?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ED GEiN, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Ahhhh, I understand your reticence to leave LA as no doubt you are destined to become King of the Inland Empire during SHTF.... or eaten by those who don't to be delegated... at least you won't be bored either way.

Note: If you have to tell people you are a leader you aren't one. Leaders already know this.

mysterymet, Tully Mars, ghrit and 2 others like this.
  2. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

organizing, delegating, talking - those are "management" skills, all the suits have them...that don't make em leaders. ;)

3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Perhaps the converse also applies. It would seem to be playing out here :( There's possibly nothing worse for someone convinced of their own abilities in organizing, delegating and talking a good game, than being confronted with straight facts that they don't want to hear or upset their reality. It's dangerous making broad generalisations, but the very kind of people whom would eliminated from or minimized in your coterie, are probably the ones who are likely to reality check their dear leader.

Your argument concerning fire arms and self defence relies on the broad generalization that attitudes (and laws) regarding firearms (or any weapon for that matter) and self defence are uniform throughout the whole of the USA, and that the circumstances of all self defence shootings are the same. The reality is that different jurisdictions have different positions on the matter (Those who work apply the "castle doctrine", are probably more sympathetic to the defender), and the particular circumstances of an incident have considerable bearing on the matter. Should one forfeit the means of defending one's life, simply because of an anxiety that the cost of legally defending one's actions might be financially ruinous? Being alive trumps the prospect of bankruptcy in my book.

I am feeling that this thread has pretty much wrung the prepping / survival value out of it....and all that we are doing is investigating and quibbling about the motives and the internal head space of the thread creator. As interesting as that may be, It makes as much sense as trying to understand Ed Gein.

4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[LMAO][fnny] [lock] [deadhorse]

Pax Mentis likes this.
  5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Go ahead, make my day, please. BUT note well, that does not mean I'll stop pointing out the weaknesses in your posts. I do not want anyone that reads you thinking that you know something, or have a talent we cannot do without. Getting in the last word is not a needed skill/talent. Finding and exposing weaknesses in planning (and more particularly, weakness in logic) is far more needed.

ETA, this post really skates and wobbles on the edge of the CoC item1, for which I apologize to the membership. The offer of a wager was particularly egregious, and is rescinded.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    Tully Mars, 3M-TA3, Yard Dart and 2 others like this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Now we know your full of it!

chelloveck likes this.
  7. chelloveck

That's strange...but the voices in my head tell me that ghrit has his "zhit in one sock"...but then again, I've been hanging around this site for several years... perhaps the voices informing Ed haven't been here as long?

Tully Mars and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

You deff have the voices correct!

9. chelloveck

Edit: In deference to ghrit's decision to rescind a wager....reference to the wager is deleted. Though as moderating sins go, it was a minor transgression...and funny none the less.
    [LMAO] ghrit wins either way.[lolol]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  10. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

This thread stinks. I am near a city which according to most is stupid or another word for dead. I have no friends to build a survival camp with- need to discover myself per advice above. I am a manager and a good organizer- obviously that is not viewed well on here either. I do not associate with living off the land people either because they are always the ones at farmers markets in hemp clothing and act like kale was just invented.We called them crunchies/granolas in my day, not sure what they are now.

PS- You are just going to continue to be trolled.

11. chimo

get off my lawn, kid. :p

12. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

You need to add that sneaky emoji our list so we all can use it:D

chelloveck and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. chimo

the key question is, do you wear a tie? Everybody who's nobody knows that a tie will cut off blood flow to your head and make you stoopid. One just has to observe a session of Congress to see that simple truth. :D

I'm still wondering who these "living off the land" people are. How do we spot them? Do they drool dirt? Got grass growing out of their orifices instead of hair? Are they like cereal liberals...all fruits, nuts and flakes? Somebody please edumicate me, I am sooooo confused!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. Tully Mars

You just described the typical con artist.
    Cool. Now we all know.

Yard Dart and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Who did he get his info on ghrit from? Gunkid?

Tully Mars and Yard Dart like this.
  16. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Pretty sure its all B.S.

Pax Mentis, Yard Dart and Tully Mars like this.
  17. Yard Dart

I was thinking more of a description for a politician......... :ROFLMAO:

mysterymet and Gator 45/70 like this.
  18. Tully Mars

Aren't they pretty much the same??:D

Pax Mentis and Yard Dart like this.
  19. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Do I really look like one of your Crunchies! And now own 4 Farmers Markets and am selling as a Vendor at all :)

100_0202.JPG

Yard Dart likes this.
  20. Yard Dart

Hmm degenerative hair disorder.... must get implants. Maybe go metro..... [peep]

Tully Mars and Thunder5Ranch like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7