So what did you put away this week?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Aug 9, 2006.

1. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Got some solar yard lights yesterday, a late fall/winter pair of shoes for me, more bandaids(the ones for around knuckles/joints), more herbal supplements, and probably more but the crack...I mean coffee...hasn't hit totally yet.

GOG likes this.
  2. AmericanRedoubt1776

AmericanRedoubt1776 American Redoubt: Idaho-Montana-Wyoming Site Supporter+

3. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Picked up 58 rounds of ammo and 100 once fired cases for the deer rifle at a garage sale for less than 20 bucks.

Yard Dart, GOG, oldawg and 1 other person like this.
  4. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Nice score.

5. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

This week i picked up 5 lbs rice, 6 cans of ranch style beans, 6 cans of pork-n-beans, 5.5 lbs of oatmeal, 24 AA batts, 2 pks low sodium spam, 6 rolls of good TP. Put up 7 pints of peach/ginger jam and made 3 home style MREs.

GOG likes this.
  6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Finished topping off my Water Storage & Collection Totes, for my winter Potable Domestic Water System. Summer water goes off, tomorrow, and Summer Power, (Lights Out Day) will happen on Saturday Morning. This finishes my "Get Ready for Winter Preps" Let the Snow begin.....

gunbunny, GOG, VisuTrac and 1 other person like this.
  7. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I was able to replace the water pump that I blew out last week and also had the 4" exhaust system replaced on the Dodge. Her motor is now purring like a kitten once again, with a heart of a turbo lion. ;)
    This weekend I will also get the new CB radio and antenna installed.

GOG, BTPost and kellory like this.
  8. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

I picked up some canned beef , canned chicken and some more canned vegetables today.

tacmotusn and Yard Dart like this.
  9. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Beefed up my 'pet emergency fund', got some more canned goods for our food storage, 35lb family meat pack from one of the local butcher shops(many different cuts of beef, plus ground sausage and 2 whole cut up chickens). Oh and more chicken scratch and dog biscuits. Oh and I made a hidden storage shelf to help with protecting our goods :)

10. AmericanRedoubt1776

AmericanRedoubt1776 American Redoubt: Idaho-Montana-Wyoming Site Supporter+

GOG likes this.
  11. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Our Market Basket supermarkets finally have the Plumrose canned hams back in stock so I snagged another six more for the pantry.

Some folks might not like canned ham but we think these are yummy ! [tongue]

Yard Dart, GOG and kellory like this.
  12. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Thanks, I never heard of Plumrose, but now I'll look for it. We've got some DAK hams put by and they're pretty good.

13. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Mainly foodstuffs. Made a Sam's/WallyWorld run. Mainly buying day to day stuff, but added to preps as well. A local grocery had spices on sale 2 for a dollar. Scored heavily on those. Been vac sealing and canning from the garden as well as putting up beef and pork. Working on the honey-do list today waiting for the Bronco game to start..;)

GOG likes this.
  14. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Broke out the All American yesterday and ended up with 4 pints chicken thighs, 4 pints chicken breast and 11 quarts chicken and okra gumbo. I only had room in the canner for 7 quarts, so I guess we'll just have to eat the other 4 quarts in the next month or so. :) Darn the luck. The chicken thighs and breasts were raw-packed with 1/4 tsp canning salt on the top of the meat.

Kajun

Tully Mars and GOG like this.
  15. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I can't wait to get a pressure canner next month. Gonna wait til after the kittens pass the 2 week danger zone after being fixed though, it's three weeks ago today Kentucky died from complications from being spayed. I want to keep the money unspent until I know it won't be needed for emergency vet bills.

KAS and GOG like this.
  16. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

We were in town today. I was at a gun shop and my wife was next door at an antique shop. I finished before her and went to join her at the store. While there I saw a few tools which is rare since it's a frilly kind of place. Anyway, I found a new Montgomery Wards eggbeater drill with the box for $16.00. I snatched it up since I'm always looking for manual hand tools in case SHTF. Go Monkey Wards!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Nice! Does it still have the wood bits in the handle?

18. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

80 N95 masks
    5 pounds bacon... or it will be as soon as the cure finishes and we smoke it, heh
    20 pounds jasmine rice
    30 more pounds white sugar
    5 packs rice noodles
    40 pounds chicken quarters... were on sale .59 a pound :D
    10 more gallons bottled water

tacmotusn, Motomom34 and GOG like this.
  19. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Nice. I have a few of these, though a brace and bit set will work more reliably. I too, collect antique woodworking tools.
    I have a wide selection of planes, draw knives, Yankee screwdrivers, braces and bits, and saws, hole starters, and even a plow block plane.
    I keep them sharp and in good working order, sometimes they are the best choice, sometimes not, but they all work properly, just in case they are needed.

NotSoSneaky and KAS like this.
  20. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Yup, six of 'em.

Kellory,
    There was a Yankee Driver, but the spring was shot, so I didn't get it. I used to use one on the job back in my younger days. If you could keep the blade on the screw, it was an awesome time saver back then. If the blade slipped, you got some interesting and nasty divots on your wood. :eek:

BTW, I have a Brace & Bit, but I'm keeping my eyes out for one in better shape.

Brokor likes this.
  1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Thunder5Ranch
  10. Dunerunner
  11. Dunerunner