So what did you put away this week?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Aug 9, 2006.

1. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Wells it been a while so. 50 hp case tractor, 2 moldboard plow and disk set, 500 rds plus 150 22 at walmart, 5 sets field pants, 4 ducks 6 chickens, and a new woman

2. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

What isle did you find the new woman in, and did you get the extended warrenty?

3cyl, Motomom34, Tully Mars and 3 others like this.
  3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Isle 7

4. kellory

Oh, I've heard of seventh heaven...;)

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

@fedorthedog Hey, Dog.... Congrats on the New Woman....

6. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

While it really isn't prep related, I did bring back 20 pounds of shrimp that wife and I headed and peeled Sat afternoon:) Picked up a 10 lb box 'o bacon during our shopping run yesterday. Added a couple of flats of canned goods,two more pork butts and a nice ham that was on sale as well.

Yard Dart and Motomom34 like this.
  7. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

More LTS. With the prices going nuts even on staples(coffee is a staple for me) bulk is becoming more attractive.

Tully Mars likes this.
  8. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

9. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Went yard saling today, and emptied out my piggy bank for some throwing knives. I've wanted some for a LONG time, and now I got to see what I'm buying(as opposed to catalog merchandise) and make sure it's good quality metal, because when I looked up throwing knives on Amazon, the cheapest ones, the reviews pretty much said you get what you pay for in terms of quality. So I tested the strength of the throwing knives before I bought them. $5 a pair, I got 3 pairs. And the seller said if I want more later, just come to their house. They probably had at least 10 pairs. Other knives too, but the throwing knives were my main interest. Now I know why I dreamed my piggy bank got broken up last night ;-)

kellory likes this.
  10. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Oh forgot the picture of them, here's one of each pair. The one on the right, that's the Celtic cross in the middle of the blade. One on the left, the indentation, that's like a bottle opener thing almost.

ThrowingKnives01.

Ganado likes this.
  11. kellory

I suspect, you will like the center one best. The handle will release from your grip more smoothly, and being symmetrical, it will likely fly more consistently. Enjoy.;)

12. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

And the benefit of people/neighbors seeing me practice with them is nice too. Bullies don't like to pick on people who will fight back.

Yard Dart likes this.
  13. kellory

Make sure they are legal for your area. Some places do not allow for double edged knives, or may restrict throwing knives I general. Especially if "bullies may see you using them".

madmax likes this.
  14. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I wanna be punny and say that's a double-edged topic. As I understand it, here in Oregon as long as it's not concealed and I'm not a convicted felon, it's fine. So it's even better if someone sees me using it. Obviously it's not concealed in that case. That aside, as far as I'm concerned, the 2nd Amendment does not just apply to guns.

Tully Mars and Yard Dart like this.
  15. kellory

I would agree, but you would have prove your belief in court, and that can be time consuming, and expensive.. There are restrictions on knives in most states.

16. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

This week, I put a 5 pack of P38 openers, and a Gerber multi tool in the ready locker.

17. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I believe @VHestin already stated her position on that Kell..... you are doing it again ([troll]).
    I completely agree with VH!!!!!

18. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

Added to the cache with 4 15 pound bags of charcoal (I use them for dutch oven cooking) and 6 more 1 pound propane tanks. A big role of aluminum foil and some coffee filters.

Gator 45/70 and Tully Mars like this.
  19. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Been a busy weekend, amongst other projects I built filled and planted two 2' X 12' raised beds
    Here's what went in;
    10 beefsteak tomato plants
    10 Roma plum tomato plants
    3 cherry tomato plants
    4 sweet green bell peppers
    3 jalapeño peppers
    3 cucumber
    3 Butternut squash
    40 onion sets
    All done between lunch and supper. Note to self: Have son move rocks to rock pile
    [​IMG]
    I'm glad to be back at work. I can use the rest !

BlueDuck, VHestin, Ganado and 2 others like this.
  20. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Haven't stocked up on too much this week, but we did have to 'put away' our border collie a few days. Had mobility problems which didn't bother me helping her with that, but she lost ability to control her bathroom breaks. We got to farmer's market on Saturday at least and got some beeswax to seal the log we're gonna innoculate with Shitake plug spawn. And found where I can get fresh cow/goat milk, so I can start making our own butter/cheese :) And we've also added 2 more kittens to the household. Didn't want to, one neighbor brought 2 kittens over that were hiding in their ex's garage/porch to another neighbor who called me because I have experience with taking care of kittens. And not taking them to the shelter cause of the risk of them being euthanized.

1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Thunder5Ranch
  10. Dunerunner
  11. Dunerunner
  12. Dunerunner