So what did you put away this week?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Gator 45/70, Ganado and Tully Mars like this.
  2. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

[chopper][chopper] @Yard Dart

These look to be just what I've been wanting! Liking the C and D size adapters as well. Thanks Bro!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
    Ganado and Yard Dart like this.
  3. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Picked up 1k rifle ammo and 1k .22 stingers...

4. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Stocking up on meats and fruits that are on sale to can. Got bacon, pineapple, blackberries, and chicken. The advantage to canning stuff vs dehydrated stuff, IMO, is that you have the liquids as well in the jar. In a SHTF scenario, you'll wanna be conserving water.

5. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

image.
    I caught a little flack when I posted this about a year ago. An LED replacement bulb for my three battery Mag Lite. Last week I used the same light, same batteries to find my cat under the bed at my BOL. 7 days later I returned, was going to bed and found the light still under the bed, still on. It had burned 24/7 for a full week. Just took this picture. Same batteries.

6. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

When I lived on the desert all we had were incandescent lights running on the solar/battery system ,they really pulled the power .
    I was so happy when LEDs came out, and now this current place I've made all LED lighting every where.
    I buy spares for storing in faraday cage because these will be first to fry during an EMP , I've also kept incandescent so I have something immediately during the event, so I'm not left hanging till the event is over and there is no power for a while. that and diodes for the solar panels and other electronic components.

7. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

How do solar panels deal with EMP? I've always assumed they would fry.

8. Tully Mars

Where did you find Stingers??!!

3M-TA3 likes this.
  9. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Headed to a cardiac appointment and stopped at a little Pawn shop on one of the back roads... the guy had just gotten in a shipment he didn't have a limit so I helped my self... when I left he had around 500 left... I plan on taking some more back road jaunts in the future...

10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

This week is "Fill the Freezers" week, and "Put the Winters Supply's, away" for us.... The barge gets here on Thursday, and by Friday night, we will be Stocked Up, and ready for the next 18 Months, of our regular Living.... That includes Food, Fuel, and of course GOODIES.... I always feel much better, once I pass this point every year... It just takes a Big load off my shoulders, when everything is put up, and socked away... Let winter come, We will be set...

tacmotusn, Yard Dart, Ganado and 3 others like this.
  11. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Our freezers are pretty much full too. Got 20lbs of plums but we don't have enough jars right now, so we froze most of them. Got our first cord of wood, gonna stack it in the woodshed tomorrow. Gonna wax some cheese tomorrow as well. Nights are getting chilly so we're getting our winter stockpile together as well. I'm hoping to get 6months worth of animal supplies next month or in October. I hate shopping unless it's for food or it's online. Don't like going places, too much work...

12. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

twas soup week...put away another couple of cases. mm mm good

13. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Soup yum! Grist food cheap and you can eat it cold

14. Tully Mars

Scored some AA target loads for the scatter guns along with half a case of light bulbs. The target loads are ok, they are cheap, will work for small game, but mainly I buy them for the hulls. AA hulls are my fav for reloading. Light bulbs? Well, they were on sale and I'll always use them.

Witch Doctor 01 likes this.
  15. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

This week saw 4x320 watt solar panels (@ $109 ea - couldn't pass up that price) and a 2500 watt inverter generator...which is currently running an ac unit (12000 btu) like it wasn't even there :)

Gator 45/70, 3M-TA3 and Tully Mars like this.
  16. Tully Mars

[chopper][chopper][chopper]

17. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

From what I have read they will survive, but everything connected to them may fry if not protected. That's why I have backups of everything except the panels.

18. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Gator 45/70, Tully Mars and 3M-TA3 like this.
  19. kemps

kemps Monkey

I got seriously lucky today. Someone was giving away un opened number 10 cans of dehydrated food. I got 24 cans of various things like fruit, vegetables and various grains and all for free. It took a bit of gas to get there but beyond worth it! I also went to Walmart and Aldi and put back more food. Besides that I am cleaning out more bottles for putting back more water and also got more tp and baby wipes. This week was a good prepper week! = )

T. Riley, Tully Mars, 3M-TA3 and 3 others like this.
  20. john316

john316 Monkey+++

1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Thunder5Ranch
  10. Dunerunner