So what did you put away this week?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Aug 9, 2006.

1. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

case of spam, vacuum-sealed and jarred a case of powdered milk,

Gator 45/70, Ganado and Brokor like this.
  2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

2wk.
    x2.
    From the Infowars shop. (I love the Survival Shield X-2 iodine)

3. jimLE

jimLE Monkey

i've tried the spam bites.their to tough dry and dont taste right..but yet doable when a small bite of food is needed while on the go.or what ever......

i've been getting stocked up on more foods,camping gear,like a collapsible camping cot with air mattress.it can double for someone that spends the night..oil lamps,more home canning..emergency foods with 25 year self life..and who knows what else.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey Site Supporter++

Black Friday smiled on me this year - I saved enough money on Christmas purchases I was able to finish out my AR firearm projects. Except for more ammo (will never have enough) and mags (have 10+1 for each rifle now) each now has a configuration I'm very happy with. Have two more projects - accurizing a 30-06 BAR and a 300WM bolt action for long distance shooting and then, sadly, done on the firearm front except for practice and training.

Gator 45/70, Tully Mars and Yard Dart like this.
  5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

And that is sadly because?

6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey Site Supporter++

Because I'm an enthusiast, and now no more excuses for not putting my time and money elsewhere. That's been one of my greatest weaknesses in pursuing other preps. Not all of this stuff is as fun as the guns, but all is necessary. It's like I ate my desert first and now have to eat my liver and Brussels sprouts.

techsar, STANGF150, T. Riley and 5 others like this.
  7. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++ Site Supporter++

72 #10 cans of FD and/or DH vegetables from Emergency Essentials on Black Friday sales.

Gator 45/70, DarkLight and Yard Dart like this.
  8. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey++

9. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey++

Beretta model 92fs,forty gals diesel for gen,case oatmeal,50 lbs sweet potatoes

10. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Some more stuff from Thrive. I am in that Q club so I get some every month. This month is pulled pork, powdered milk, powdered butter and honey crystals. A big thing we plan on doing during the holiday "staycation" this year is organizing our basement and get a good inventory of our preps. Right now we don't have that.

Gator 45/70, Yard Dart and Tully Mars like this.
  11. avagdu

avagdu Monkey

1,200 x 7.62x39
    200 x .308
    50 x 12 gauge #4 Buck

Gator 45/70, Tully Mars and 3M-TA3 like this.
  12. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey++

Another 80 gals diesel for tractor and kubota side by side.no more diesel for awhile

Gator 45/70 and Tully Mars like this.
  13. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Have you ever stuffed a sweet potato up a ducks _ _ _ and baked it? I hear its actually pretty good!

Yard Dart likes this.
  14. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey++

Colt .45 revolver for grandson, smith Wesson 686-3 .357 mag for me.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Sidesaddle shell holder came for my Mossberg 500 Cruiser 20 gauge, gotta get that mounted, & picked up once again all the slugs & buckshot Walmart had in 20 gauge. My current favorite pocket knife is a CRKT Drifter I paid $30 for. Walmart had them for $20 w/ a multitool piece of metal with them. Picked up two, got home & saw why they were $10 cheaper. They are unpolished sorta rough looking metal v/s my $30 one. Oh well I can fix that!

Gator 45/70 and Yard Dart like this.
  16. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Got most of the holiday baking supplies, leftovers will go into food storage. Wanna get more chocolate chips as long as I can get them for $2 a pound. Also got 11 pairs of socks.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Wife forgot she ordered 1000 rounds of .45 ACP, so she order another 1000...and 1500 .22 lr. She managed to pick up 240 rnds of Hirtenberger .308 too.
    Don't you just hate when that happens? ;)
    I have a sneaky suspicion something will follow me home from the hamfest tomorrow...

oldawg, Gator 45/70, Ganado and 3 others like this.
  18. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[applaud]:5s:

3M-TA3 likes this.
  19. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Moving the fruit trees into one location so I can fence them. I feel the Elk being around is a good prep but not t the cost of the fruit trees.

Gator 45/70, techsar and T. Riley like this.
  20. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++ Site Supporter++

This time of year I go through all my canned vegetables and if they have been expired 1+ years I dehydrate them and vacuum pack in 1/2 gallon jars; mostly peas, beans, carrots, corn and mixed vegetables I bought on sale. No need to throw them out. Only occasionally do I find a can that has gone bad.

Gator 45/70 and techsar like this.
  1. T. Riley
  2. HK_User
  3. Motomom34
  4. hot diggity
  5. DarkLight
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Zimmy
  10. arleigh
  11. Radishman