So who saw it????

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by poacher, Sep 23, 2006.

1. poacher

poacher Monkey+++ Founding Member

"Jericho" So who saw it????

Ok I caught most of the new show "Jericho" the other night and it is replaying tonight. So did you see it? and if so what did you think of it?
    I have to admit it was intresting to a point. Of course it being a show there will always be stretches of fact and fiction and you can't have a show like that without a big part of it being about the people.
    A couple of things I got a kick out of was that those in power wanted to shift decisions to higher authority cause they didn't want to "scare" people. Another thing was the fact that the one person in authority that wanted to take control and was trying to keep calm was hampered by the rest of the morons.
    Power went off and pandamonium broke out, Gezzz where have we seen that before??? All public service employees were overloaded from the get go. As much as some of TPTB hated it they had to go to their local "nut" and ask if he could fire up his ham radio for communications and information.
    Now some things that made me think that I hadn't quite thought all the way thru before. They had a prison bus that crashed and of course all the bad guys got out. How many prison buses are out on the road transferring prisoners thru out the day? Most of these are not killers but in that type of situation all bets are off.
    The bus that was taking the kids back to the town after a school trip crashed after the bus driver of course hit a deer. How well do we know what routes our kids will take to and from school or school trip? do we know the bus driver? How do we get ahold of our kids when they are on a trip?
    Either way I think it's going to be a intresting series for a season and I think it will get a few more people off the fence and into the reliance mode.
    Take care Be safe Poacher.

2. BRONZ

BRONZ Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

hey brother

I saw it and very much liked it. We should all watch it. Hopefully it doesn't get stupid.

I have to give it to hollywood. They gave us one. If you go to cbs.com you can watch the whole thing and preview next weeks show.

3. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I watched it, actually I recorded it on DVR so that I could watch it again. I liked it, a lot of what I saw, the lines for gas, people stealing gas, chaos, lack of communication, it all could very likely happen in any SHTF situation, I think we saw all of this during the hurricanes last year. These are all things to consider, and without cellular use I won't have a way to contact my child. I can contact my wife with land lines, and we are going to start carrying our portable radios just in case. She works just about five miles from me. I would think that establishing pre-determined plans and meeting places in the event that comms are out is a no-brainer. I liked the show. I set my DVR to record each show of the series.

4. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

hey EL I missed it, how much for a copy? still have my addy?

5. E.L.

I don't have any way to copy it to another format. At least none that I know of. The DVR records it on the hard drive and unlike TIVO I don't believe there is anyway I can copy it. I will look through the directions and see if there is a way I can, if so I will burn/tape a copy. No charge.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/jericho/

6. Quigley_Sharps

Roger thanks

7. E.L.

8. Quigley_Sharps

Im on that ! thanks time for some down loading.:eek:

9. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I will have to see if I can catch it times Im not working when its on. I dont figure watching it online with dial up is a viable option. lol

10. Quigley_Sharps

Thanks to EL I was able to watch 5 of the episodes online.
    I too thought the Prison bus was a new twist in a bad situation.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://survivalmonkey.com/forum/ />
    <FONT face=It seems to flow sort of what it would do in the very early stages of a TEOTWAWKI.
    <font face=" />
    <FONT face="Times New Roman">I know where my Children are going to and from and the routes, I'm lucky living rural there isn’t much in the way of route’s here.
    <FONT face="Times New Roman">The fallout rain is going to take out well water and reservoirs within the fallout areas.
    <FONT face="Times New Roman">I am in the middle of a 1000 gal drinking water storage project and this show reminds me how important the water is going to be.
    <FONT face="Times New Roman">I see interesting times coming on the show soon without power, their public service radios aren’t going to amount to sh*t.
    <FONT face="Times New Roman">I see that it comes on Wednesdays here at I'm surprised CBS is actually doing the show! Hopefully they don’t ruin it .

11. E.L.

I enjoyed it. It will be interesting to see the story developement. I like the characters also.

12. yonder

yonder No Despot's Servant

I missed episode 1 but now my DVR will catch all the new ones. Maybe I will find episode 1 online somewhere to get caught up.

13. E.L.

14. jim

jim Monkey+++ Founding Member

Couldn't get the links to work here at home, so I'll try from work.

jim

15. E.L.

Just go to the CBS website and follow the links to Jericho.

16. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

If the bus hitting the deer or rather 'the deer in a suicidal rage throwing itself in front of the bus' :D was in the first episode I caught it completely by accident. I had heard something of this show coming on and the advertisements showed a nuke cloud, though completely forgot what channel or time. I just needed some background noise so I turned on the tv and it happened to be that channel at the right time. I watched snippets of it as I didn't connect it to the thing I wanted to watch.

Did come away from it with a good impression. I know that hollyweird will throw in some crap along the way, though I do hope they stick to as close to real as possible.

I will have to check out the regular schedule and hope to catch it. If it jumps channels, then I'm out. I can't watch it online as my connection is below par. Maybe for once I will be able to start an episode and go with it to the end.

17. fuzzy

fuzzy Monkey+++

yea i tryed to tape it wed. only my g-neice or nephew ejected the tape. tryed to watch it sat sat down cold drink in hand. turned on to the channel nada the frickin channel blacked out:( so i watched it online.a good start but can they keep it?

18. yonder

OK I found it online and watched it. I will watch one, maybe two more episodes before saying for sure but it looks like a stinker.

19. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I have a problem with this that hasn't been mentioned as of yet. I truly believe that the entertainment business is directly influenced by our government. Take for example the show 24. I love that show but made the prediction during the first episode that it was to condition us to government spying and the Patriot act. Cops conditioned us to accepting police abuse as entertainment. I am almost afraid to speak what this show is designed to condition us for. They don't call it "Programing" for nothing.

20. yonder

I admit I was considering the same possibility. But I didn't want to say it and appear to be a tinfoil hatter.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7