So you believe that Drugs Usage is a Victimless Crime?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HK_User, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

S'pose i could be wrong....i've only known 1 cowboy to lose his $&it but it was to coke/crack....near as bad but not quite.
    Crystal is something they just CANT come back from...
    There's nothing left.

Ganado, Cruisin Sloth and ditch witch like this.
  2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Agreed....coke seems to be the DOC for high fliers and focussed crime fiends. ;)

I get that the thread title is a hook...to invite readers to examine the issue; but it is also misleading in that the subject seems to assume a moral stance, with the moralising judgements that goes with it. It distracts from the actual issue, that cattle criminal supply chain activity is correlated with drug related crime. It would seem that diversification is becoming a criminal business strategy as much as it is for licit businesses.

The take home questions are...

How do cattle ranchers better protect their stock against theft?

and

How do law enforcement organisations better tackle the thieves, and help ranchers in implementing crime prevention, detection, investigation and prosecution strategies?

Ganado likes this.
  3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

To Rustle you have to have a first hand knowledge of parts of the Ranching World.

Color this to mean that the Rustlers have near first hand knowledge of the place they are going to hit which usually means they have been on or near that place more than once.

Maybe they stole a truck or tractor or a 4 wheeler the first or 3rd time.

The thing is these folks do not usually know the complete path and handling of money and live stock. The paper trail is pretty strong and checks are the way you're paid. This makes a real poor path for rustlers to last long but they do a lot of damage till they are caught. Which means most are mentally impaired, crack, coke or meth will do them in, pot slows them down and they can be found at the local doughnut shop.

Most get caught, another reason the Cattlemen's Association can track their past crimes.

Tikka and Mindgrinder like this.
  4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Maybe then, we in Washington could get relief from the mass migration to the NW of druggies..... since we enacted the new law.... we have had nothing but trouble with homeless drug users camping out...everywhere!!!! Crime rates in neighborhoods have sky rocketed.... and of course, liberals run Seattle.... it is a mess.

Mindgrinder, stg58 and HK_User like this.
  5. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Supposedly 4 or 5 states may legalize in 2016 one is Cal so they may migrate to Cal for better weather and welfare..

Mindgrinder and Yard Dart like this.
  6. HK_User

You can only hope!

Down here they only inhabit the inner cities where there are trees and cooling centers.

The Rural Area is just hot for them in more than one way.
    But not so hot that the Meth Labs get shut down, they only blow up on occasion, accident or drug war.

FWIW two counties away is/was a major meth producing area, so I am well aware of the facts of life in the meth wars.

Mindgrinder likes this.
  7. stg58

The facts of life with meth are more life the facts of a slow death.
    [​IMG]

8. Mindgrinder

We have had exactly 1 homeless camp set up out the skirts of our back 40 woods...
    The only reason it popped up is because the city put a road beside it that gave them access. We dealt with it. My younger brother and I + our 2 nasty dogs at the time made a show of ``cutting through the blackberry bushes`` to get to them...
    They packed up and left. When they showed up at the back of our senior neighbors bush line we went back at her request to cut a path on her property...
    Odd how rednecks with machettes and big dogs deter squatters aint it?

9. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

It does send a not-to-subtle message. :D

stg58, Mindgrinder and HK_User like this.
  10. Mindgrinder

They were burning wires to get at the copper to sell for scrap...

stg58 likes this.
  11. stg58

They cut some fiber optic cable at ground level thinking is was copper, it was a real pain with frost in the ground to fix it.

Suspected copper wire thief electrocuted, killed

STOCKTON, Calif. -- A man was killed after being electrocuted following what police suspect was an attempt to steal copper wiring from an unfinished California subdivision, according to a report.

FOX40 in central California reports police are now trying to find the man's accomplice.

The accidental death happened Friday, and officers discovered a pair of wire cutters next to the man's body. Nearby residents told FOX40 there has long been a problem of copper wire theft in the area.

“I was in the house, heard a loud pop, and the lights kind of dimmed down,” neighbor Joseph Silva told the station.

Silva said he went outside to see what was going on a little while later when he saw fire trucks and responders performing CPR on the man's body.

Silva and other neighbors told FOX40 the subdivision was never finished and thieves have been taking wiring from location ever since.

Meanwhile police are searching for a suspected accomplice who was believed to be with the man at the time, according to FOX40.

Mountainman and Mindgrinder like this.
  12. Mindgrinder

I have seen this where it caused a MASSIVE net/phone/tv outage on Vancouvers North shore in the middle of the night....we had dig to fix it and the city wouldn't let us start till 8am because it involved heavy equipment....911 emergency - who cares....cant make any noise!

Yard Dart likes this.
  13. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

I hope they find the accomplice and charge him with murder, i.e.; the death of his partner in the commission of a crime.

At least, he will get three squares, health services, clothing, shelter and an opportunity to learn a trade over the next 25 years.

14. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

There are always consequences to lawless acts. The users enable the dealers who enable the smugglers who enable the manufacturers who use coerced labor. All along the way lives are destroyed of those caught up in the ripples of this activity. No different than the prohibition era and the illegal alcohol trade, with the exception that for most people, alcohol is recreational and not addictive or destructive.

You used to be able to buy Laudanum (alcohol and opium) over the counter in the U.S., there were Opium dens in most larger cities, the original formulation of Coca-Cola actually had Cocaine in it, you could buy cocaine Toothdrops, Bayer marketed Heroin cough drops, there was cough syrup with chloroform as an ingredient along with alcohol, a teething formula for children that contained morphine, tobacco was marketed as a medication for the relief of asthma and other conditions of the lung, all this before the FDA and regulation or universal health care.

15. HK_User

I purchased my place many years ago, surveyed it for a number of needs I had considered over the years.
    One was ingress and egress, E&E as well as daily traffic.
    I am happy with what I have, unless the State cuts a new Highway I am safe for the time being from major traffic and that means less access for the thieves of the world and the so called homeless which are just another class of thief, well unless your are a Lib.

16. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

3M-TA3, kellory and HK_User like this.
  17. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I do not know any body that is NOT negatively affected by drugs or those close to them .
    Every chemical one puts in their body has an effect on one's DNA that has an effect on one's offspring.
    Emotional changes affect others as well as productivity and responsible behavior.
    People become a Jeykle and hyde with drug abuse.
    And no I never did drugs and have never been drunk ,it's not necessary.

HK_User likes this.
  18. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Never did drugs either. Recently I think I figured out why...I'd have to 'earn' the drugs one way or another, and I'm LAAAAAAAAAZY!!!

Yard Dart, HK_User and ghrit like this.
  19. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

I work woman inmates most are there for doing selling steeling to get money to buy drugs it sad most are in for pills I had one tell me that they would go out find a yard sale of older people buy something small talk to them then ask if they could use the bath room when they get in they go through the med cabinet or steel what they can sale while leavening.

20. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Its funny I have been a cop for 33 years now, Once I actually arrested a heroin addict with a job. He was an iron worker and made enough to support his habit without stealing, That was once in 33 years so its a statistical anomaly.

BTPost, kellory and HK_User like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7