So you think you can walk to the woods and live! Explicit Photos You have been warned.

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by HK_User, Feb 16, 2015.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Free Ranging Bacon if the Yote gets it and the trap doesn't trip.

2. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

[​IMG]

Ganado and Motomom34 like this.
  3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Naw, DW Already has her man......:)

4. Witch Doctor 01

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Ganado, Yard Dart and ditch witch like this.
  5. Witch Doctor 01

best bait to trap a monkey...

[​IMG]
    A Shot of Bourbon infused with bacon with a slice of bacon as a garnish. :whistle:

6. HK_User

Traffic patterns have changed and all bait still in place, that's the good news.

Below is the Bad News.
    HK

Coyote at the Chicago Fence 3-29-2015 0158.JPG

Motomom34 likes this.
  7. Witch Doctor 01

If you didn't have to worry about local pets there are easy ways to get rid of them fairly quickly... pm for info...

8. HK_User

Local pets in the area are a prime concern as is a balanced natural population of predators.

Now the loss of feral animals is also a prime concern and is part of the equation and has been addressed.

Thanks

HK

9. HK_User

More good news and some bad.

Deer are coming around again and my Yote or one of many is on their trails too.

Placed some new traps and in a new way tonight. Also moved some Trail Cams.

I got to thinking that I need to bait the traps just the way Yotes' minds work. So I mimicked poor house keeping around the traps, that is I scattered food scraps around as if a garbage can was over turned. Food inside and out side the trap a real cornucopia for the critters.

HK

Deer Head at the Chicago Fence  3-29-2015  2026.JPG

Deer  at the Chicago Fence 3-29-2015.JPG

Coyote at the Chicago Fence 3-30-2015 0306.JPG

oldawg, Yard Dart, tulianr and 4 others like this.
  10. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@HK_User since you have experience w/ coyotes I have a question. Do coyotes and foxes get along? The fox was watching me this morning, he hangs out and watches quite a bit. Then I swear it was a coyote went and joined the fox and they ran off together. I will post the picture later. Maybe it was a grayish fox but it didn't look like one.

11. HK_User

My experience is that Fox and Yotes are competitors for food. I have seen two Yotes pull an ambush attack on a Fox. This was during Yote calling contest so I had time to observe since we hoped the Fox was our bait for a good Yote hunt. One Yote feinted at the Fox, the second Yote then flashed in from the opposite direction and killed the Fox. Both Yotes shared in the feast.

So, If there is plenty of food a Fox and Yote could run together.

Motomom34 likes this.
  12. HK_User

FWIW, I've had a lot of interest in my large trap. I placed trail cams to see what was robbing the trap and trash area.

Just the usual, Crows, Skunks, Possum, Racoons. No Bob Cats or Yotes showed in two days.

We will continue.

kellory likes this.
  13. HK_User

This Skunk had a feast and went home to tell the family!

Skunk at Large Trap 4-8-2015 2226.JPG

Ganado and Motomom34 like this.
  14. HK_User

Now for a sight you would never want to see this close!
    The nice thing about this large trap is that it is set "heavy" on the trip pan. So no worry about catching the small stuff.

Skunk at the Big Trap.  A sight you do not want to see. 4-10-2015 0423.JPG

15. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Lovely.... I had one of these as a pet... The vet descended him one afternoon while he was at the barn... The darn thing was still smelly even with no scent glands

16. HK_User

Looks like my old friend is back!!!

This from a local WHAT'S HAPPENING blog.

Our neighbor's horse was badly injured this morning by what is believed to be a mountain lion. We are in the Oakdale community, 1 mile east of the Oakdale Cemetery and hwy 108. The horse put up a good fight but was "torn up" on the head, shoulders, and rump. It is at the vet in Morgan Mill and hopefully won't have to be put down. The vet tends to think it was a mountain lion. The tracks are the size of a man's hand. The game warden is in the process of contacting the trapper. If you have animals and are in this area, watch them closely.

17. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Are you sure it was a cougar? According to Charlie Richie (BACKWOODSMAN MAG) it probably was a Big Foot. Of course no one seems to have any hair/scat/hides/bones to show, but hey! that PROVES they are out there! Stop blaming cougars and yotes!

Ganado and Yard Dart like this.
  18. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

You Do know that some cougars can be sexy..... right. :D [CRC]

kellory likes this.
  19. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Boys I can shoot with either hand or both. ;)

@hk I'm sorry hear about the horse. Regardless of what attacked it my thought is that cougar or mountain lion or big foot...that one made me laugh.... it has to be pretty hungry to go after a horse. Keep your kids and dogs close to home

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7