So, you're gonna bug out on foot huh?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by DarkLight, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I might bug-out in a truck or car to the BOL,Noway I could hump 94 miles carrying much weight!

oldawg likes this.
  2. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I have no intention leaving home ,but I do under stand reality and harsh as it can be having to leave in for can become a reality . I built this as a recommendation for others to enjoy but the more It think about it I may well have to use it my self .
    DSCN4154.JPG
    It is made using electrical conduit and fixtures for making awnings at swap meets and such the wheels are an old wheel chair solid rubber ,no flat.
    The framework can be reconfigured many different ways to fit what ever the need is at hand , the front wheels are not absolutely necessary but when you get that tired you glad they are there.
    I use this set up on my property hauling trash wood and brush around and it will take 300 lbs quite well surprisingly .
    The more forethought you put into it the more fun it gets actually. . If I lived in snow country again , I would make provision for skis too. If I had to cross rivers I'd build inflatable floatation for it too . the framework can be configured into a boat for that matter.
    How creative is your imagination ?
    Beauty is the whole thing can break down pretty small comparatively .

Motomom34, Zimmy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Nice, You could strap a 55 gallon drum on each side and paddle across easily!

Motomom34 and Zimmy like this.
  4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

38 gallons of air will support 300 lbs . A pair of truck inner tubes and a bicycle pump will suffice.
    The tubes can also help going across snow .

Homer Simpson, Gator 45/70 and Zimmy like this.
  1. JC Refuge
  2. OlDiceGames
  3. Andy the Aussie
  4. JC Refuge
  5. Coyote Ridge
  6. Alanaana
  7. Motomom34
  8. Coyote Ridge
  9. Coyote Ridge
  10. Andy the Aussie
  11. TinyDreams
  12. ED GEiN