SoCal ban on small Gasoline powered Tools?????

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by BTPost, Mar 10, 2023.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I wonder how many of those SoCal Mountain Idiots wish they could go and buy a Gasoline powered Snow Blower, Generator, or Chainsaw, to clear the mountain of branches and trees taken down during their BIG SNOW DUMP? UnIntended Consequences!!!

2. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

For every action there’s ……..
    Nothing fails you like a battery chainsaw, nothing.

MarkTwain, 3M-TA3, mechstdr and 7 others like this.
  3. So did those idiots ban the use of them or just the sales?

4. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

How about their fire fighters gas powered saws for venting roof and also fighting forest fires?

duane, MarkTwain, mechstdr and 4 others like this.
  5. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Wonder about the Jaws of Life. Isn't the hydraulic pump driven by a portable gas engine as well?
    No more concrete saws, log splitters.
    OMG, are they going to kill my Johnson 7.5 hp outboard?

duane, MarkTwain, mechstdr and 3 others like this.
  6. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Yeah most of the times the jaws have a small gas engine driving the hydraulic pump. We also have gas powered ventilation fans too.

MarkTwain, mechstdr, jim2 and 2 others like this.
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Small power equipment that are intermittently used are just better off being gas powered.

duane, MarkTwain, mysterymet and 4 others like this.
  8. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

If you haven't left North Koreafornia it's time to get out now before you have to eat bugs, grass and leaves in order to survive while Kim Jung Newsom and the rest of the elite live high on the hog

9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Good, more for us.

10. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I am building a charging unit for my 12-volt battery system using an alternator and small gas engine,
    My solar works well enough normally but when it is overcast as it had been, the panels don't function well.
    My option is to use the truck engine to charge the system, but that is not efficient, and I have used the small engine/alternator in the past and it performed satisfactorily for several years while living off grid then.
    Trick is, having an exhaust system that will not betray me.
    During the day it's no problem, most folks have left for work,
    I only wish I had the money for the lithium ion batteries instead of the lead acid batteries I settled for at the time. They work but not as good in the long run.
    Being that I live in a truck and camper and utility trailer nothing holds me to California but my friends and my brother whom I love very much. Both my kids are on their own and live out of state.
    Weather systems being the way they are right now I'm not anxious to move any where till things settle down.

duane, Dunerunner, MarkTwain and 4 others like this.
  11. Homer Simpson

Homer Simpson Monkey+++

From what I have heard this will affect all the states that subscribe to CARB standards. My understanding is that roughly 25% states subscribe to CARB standards. This would seem to be the driving factor in these battery powered toys that seem to be trying to replace gas powered lawn equipment.

duane, Dunerunner, MarkTwain and 4 others like this.
  12. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

If I lived in California :(:mad::eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O:censored::cry::sick: I would HAVE to travel out-of-state regularly to shop for guns, ammo, magazines, and gasoline powered tools!

clear.

13. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Wonder how many think digital currency is working out for them now?

duane, Dunerunner, MarkTwain and 3 others like this.
  14. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I don't know, a few weeks ago I got to use my nephew's DeWalt battery powered chainsaw and it was NICE! I have two gasoline chainsaws in the barn that won't start...they're boat anchors! I NEED a chainsaw, once or twice a year, the rest of the time I just grab a bowsaw and get the job done in less time than it would take to get the chainsaw ready to start cutting. Those new batteries will last as long as a tank of gas, and best of all, the saw can sit on a shelf for years between uses. When you need it just dust it off (or not), slap in a freshly charged battery and start cutting! However, if I had a big job or was out in the middle of nowhere, I would want a gas powered chainsaw!

15. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

They let illegals enter Koreafornia no questions asked. They will have border checks looking for banned guns, ammo, and gas powered tools

16. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

And eventually, gasoline.

17. aardbewoner

aardbewoner judge a human on how he act,not on look and talk.

It all make us so dependent on power,that the grid will be a nice target for anybody who want to revenge on google,banks,voters,Koreafornia or other reason. And do not forget a invading force (that do use gasoline).
    Just my 2ct

duane, Dunerunner, Tempstar and 4 others like this.
  18. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Unless the government and power companies are going to invest trillions in upgrading our aging, inadequate power grid and at the same time require all to go totally electric we will have rolling black outs as a norm.

"If you aren't aware, the United States power grid is one of the most vulnerable infrastructures we have, and it also is one of the most important.Dec 14, 2022"

"The cost of making the changeover to 100% renewable energy would be a staggering $62 trillion. Wow! That is a ton of money, people."------------What's another 62 trillion to the national debt

"According to a report from the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, roughly 22,000 square miles of solar panel-filled land (about the size of Lake Michigan)" power the US----------They always under estimate, like to see the tree huggers go for that some endangered species will stop that.

"May 12, 2022 — U.S. power outages surge · U.S. solar expansion stalled by rural land-use protests"

The greenies scream renewables as long as it's not in their back yard NIMBY

Last edited: Mar 11, 2023
    duane, Dunerunner, Tempstar and 3 others like this.
  19. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Or those of us that live in more rural areas are sick of companies putting giant wind farms and solar fields in our states cluttering up the land scape and then shipping the electricity off to a stupid blue state.

20. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I was working at a place that had mostly battery chainsaws. An apprentice and I were wrecking out an old pole that took about 15 minutes instead of 5 at the most. (Real chainsaw) When we were done I poked around the battery saw and noticed no bar oil whatsoever. I said “Do you ever put bar oil in this?” His reply was “Huh?” Lol.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7