Some daily uplifting positive posts

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by DarkLight, Apr 5, 2020.

1. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Doesn’t matter what it is but maybe keep the politics out of it (we get it, Hillary still isn’t our President or Trump is...)

For me, I’ve been continuing to work out and eating habits have actually gotten better during the stay at home order (yes, we’re able to go outside for exercise). My gym is Orangetheory and while the studio is closed, they are posting daily workouts from home on YouTube and our studio coaches are hosting FaceBook live and Zoom group workouts for the daily template to keep us all engaged. Yes @sec_monkey the zoom meetings are password protected and they’ve got them configured “as correctly as the platform allows”.

Anyway, so far I’m down 13 lbs since May 22, 2019, two pant sizes from a 38” waist to a 34”, down from 2XL to Large Tall and while it’s no marathon, I ran my first 5k today. All by myself and in my neighborhood, observing all social distancing requirements, but I did it. I’ve hiked longer than that (longest just shy of 13 miles in an afternoon and 53 miles in three days on the AT) but this is the longest run/jog.

What’s your good news of the day?

2. Out in the woods

Out in the woods off-grid in-the-forest beekeeper

Congratulations, Well done :)

3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

The sun came up today, wind is blowing 10 to 20 mph and it is raining cats and dogs, but nobody in the house is sick.

4. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Slow and steady beats fad diets every time...glad to hear of your progress!

The good news here is the solar is much more efficient since upgrading from 12 to 48 volts...woohoo...

5. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Home remodel projects have kicked into high gear, since i have a little extra time on my hands.
    Today it is going to be close to 60 degrees and partly sunny.
    Watching our church service on the big screen via YouTube..... Palm Sunday.
    In a bit, I will be working on fencing today....going to be a fun one. ;)

6. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Mixed message here. Drill rigs are moving in, even if the roaring engines are a bit early in the morning. Sunny day to stand on the deck and watch the towing assists on the hill that some of the heavies REALLY need.

7. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

triple XP

8. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Broke out the XP Pro Computer and the CD Case and am going to play through all my 1990s games in the evenings and during my lunch 1-4 hours. Starting with the Original Baldur's Gate with short breaks playing a game of Lord Of Magic or Total Annihilation. I miss all of creative stuff Garage Game Studios came up with in the 90s before outfits like EA and Microsoft bought them all up and shelved them.

9. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Picked this up today. With extra time I can now restart my old garden.
    [​IMG]

10. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Started repairing the floor in a house a guy is letting me stay in while I'm building this beach house,, found termites in the floor ,,:(,, and this is a pylon house. Got the bearings and races needed for my boat trailer,, will be bringing the boat to the beach with me next week and getting it water and fishin' capable ,, [winkthumb] ,,
    A big congrats to you on your diet , weight loss , hiking , and your 1st 5k. That's pretty damned awesome there. I do believe with my bad knees , and my recently broke ankle ,, my hiking and marathon days are over , for this lifetime.

11. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

I woke up so it's a good day

12. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Still on this side of the dirt! Been randomly pulling guns out of the safe for field stripping and maintenance.

13. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Got one,5 footer,Don't forget that 90 wt. !

14. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

My preferred is; SEVERE GEAR® 75W-90 SVG - AMSOIL
    Got some, made the Scout shift easier and run quieter.

15. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The batch of teriyaki jerky is coming along quite nicely. Needs a bit more time in the dehy machine.

16. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I had time to get a little fabrication done in the shop and combined an Air-O-Lite generator from a AA lamp (leaking turban fount) with a sound brass D fount and created something close to a Model DY. I'll call it a DiY.
    [​IMG]
    In 1914 this was a new model reading lamp.

17. hot diggity

Just out of curiosity I looked up a small local cafe online to see if they were open. Website said they were. Called in my regular order, that I didn't even have to complete, because Chris knows what I always get. Drove up and saw a few regulars sitting in their trucks waiting for orders. Went carefully inside, picked up my food, left a $10 tip and departed with everybody smiling. Plastic fork or not, it was the highlight of my day. :)

18. hot diggity

19. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Set up the Ruth Stout method for growing potatoes and we will put them in the ground this Friday.
    Got the seeds for the other veggies started in the seed starter trays.

20. hot diggity

If the pear tree produces as much fruit as it has blossoms I'll have a bumper crop... if the squirrels don't beat me to them.

SB21, Oddcaliber, Tully Mars and 4 others like this.
  1. Alanaana
  2. Alanaana
  3. Alanaana
    Media

Jungle_gym

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Alanaana
    Media

Home_gym

I love my home gym!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  5. jefferson
  6. Dunerunner
  7. chelloveck
  8. dagdevıren
  9. Dunerunner
  10. Dunerunner
  11. Dunerunner
  12. 3M-TA3
  13. Hanzo
  14. Big Ron
  15. Motomom34
  16. Asia-Off-Grid