Some Interesting Comment's From The Woodpile Report

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Dont, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

I have a stiff neck from nodding in agreement after reading this issue of Woodpile Report.

[​IMG] Antifa posers with fantasies of a Civil War II need to worry more. ATF says more than half of all rifles sold were scary semiauto carbines. Combine these so-called "assault rifles" with the current Big Thing for traditional bolt action rifles: shooting very small targets at very long distances, and with more powerful ammo. Then explain to the campus commandos they do this as a hobby, for fun.

For the nonshooter's information, a practiced marksman with a well tuned bolt action rifle can hit a saucer at eight hundred yards, which is about the distance from the front door of the Empire State Building to the entrance of Penn Station/Madison Square Garden, or about two and a half city blocks. Incidentally, the bullet would hit the saucer more than a second before the sound of the "bang" arrived.

For a looksee on how it's done:

[​IMG] YouTube - Setting up your Long Range Hunting Rifle: 0 -1000 yards ... video, 23m 15s

In the video you'll hear the terms "MOA" and "minute". It means "minute of angle", or about an inch at a hundred yards, two inches at two hundred yards, and so on. A rifle that shoots a minute of angle will hit a maximum of one half-minute from point of aim. At eight hundred yards, this means four inches, in any direction, from point of aim. And minute of angle accuracy is unremarkable in precision shooting, it's considered entry level.

For comparison to those "trained professionals" in law enforcement, here's a quote from Duane Norman's report at Free Market Shooter:

[​IMG] When you hear about the NYPD taking 16 shots to kill one bad guy and accidentally wounding nine civilian passers-by, or officers firing 84 shots at a murder suspect and missing 83 times (with the only hit registering in the suspect’s calf), don’t blame the officers—blame their poor training and equipment.

Precision rifles typically have a two or three pound pull. Mr. Norman says New York City mandates a twelve pound trigger pull (!) for police duty weapons. For starters.

Next

This may be the most important development you'll read about this week.

[​IMG] Firearms News - Tazewell County Forms Militia in Response to New Virginia Gun Laws ... incredible news coming from Virginia, and is likely a move that anti-gun lawmakers and politicians did not expect.

Excerpt: " ... this is not limited to just our county, but also as part of a network of sister counties showing solidarity for both Virginia’s, and the American Constitution."

Tazewell County is in northwestern Virginia. In other news, the Culpepper County Sheriff announced [​IMG] he will deputize thousands of citizens "to protect their constitutional right to own firearms". Culpepper County is in northeast Virginia.

At last count more than 40 Virginia counties have declared themselves "gun rights sanctuary counties", meaning law enforcement is advised not to enforce unconsitutional gun laws. This is nearly half the state's counties. In response, Virginia Attorney General Herring made an announcement:

[​IMG] WTVR Richmond - Herring said when the General Assembly passes gun control legislation those laws will be enforced...

Following the November's election, which saw Democrats take control of both the state House and Senate, the expectation is lawmakers will pass a number of gun control measures in 2020 for Democratic Governor Ralph Northam to sign.

According to CNN, one proposed bill would "prohibit the sale, transport, possession, transfer and manufacturing of an assault firearm". It doesn't get much more "infringed" than that. Also in the works is the outrageous "universal background check" law, meaning all sales or transfers of all guns by any persons must include a background check. In effect this means going through an FFL to sell, trade, lend or give a gun to your neighbor.

CNN also notes the back alley treachery that brought things to this pass:

[​IMG] Everytown For Gun Safety, a gun-control group aligned with billionaire and presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg, played an outsized influence on the victory. The group spent $2.5 million in the state getting two Senate seats and one House seat flipped from Republican to Democrat in the November primaries.

Golly gee whiz Sparky, wherever did they get $2.5 million? If ever there were an example of an "enemy of the people", Mr. Bloomberg would be that example.

More worth reading:
    Woodpile Report

STANGF150, GOG, Lancer and 5 others like this.
  2. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Hmmm..."more than 40 Virginia counties have declared themselves "gun rights sanctuary counties", meaning law enforcement is advised not to enforce unconstitutional gun laws. This is nearly half the state's counties...Virginia Attorney General Herring made an announcement: Herring said when the General Assembly passes gun control legislation those laws will be enforced..."

Take this plus a Democratic House, Senate and Governor and I would say you got the perfect recipe for real and bloody civil disobedience...need to watch this one as it truly might be the spark. Geez, I can just see it all happening...armed civilians confronting LEOs, State Troopers definitely aren't big enough to handle 40 counties while LEOs for other counties sure as hell don't want to get involved outside of their jurisdiction and after a dozen body bags the Governor calls in the Guard then it gets real interesting...and the first test case if the Guard (the military) will support the elected government or the Constitution and the people they're sworn to protect... Yeah, need to watch this one...stay tuned.

EDIT: The other question is "Why in the hell does multi-billionaire Bloomberg give a damn if we peons have firearms? So what if we shoot each other or they are used in crime or etc. Hell, he lives in a totally different world! So, what's it to him? No. There is definitely something else going on...call me paranoid but Bloomberg has a personal reason and it has nothing to do with anti-gun rhetoric.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    GOG, oldbee1966, 3M-TA3 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

The people trying to take away gun rights are doing the kind of thing that the second amendment is about. An unarmed populace is much easier to control. The cities are what they are most concerned with. Then they will wake up and remember where all the food comes from. It is a losing strategy. I sure don't want anyone shooting at me that can shoot as well as I do. Vise Versa. Its been a long day.

tacmotusn, 3M-TA3 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

last I heard was the number of counties was up to 70 something...

AND the dems are threatening to use the national guard to make the counties enforce their laws... ???

this could be the ember???

Bandit99, GOG, tacmotusn and 3 others like this.
  5. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

I need to think on this. The majority of counties won't obey unconstitutional laws passed by the elite. They call in the National Guard which is made up of... well it ain't the elite, to go out and trash their oath of service and round up guns from their friends and neighbors. I can't imagine anything going wrong here s/o. It wouldn't surprise me if the governor and a good chunk of the legislature wound up being arrested by the National Guard and tried to treason.

6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

We can only hope....

Gator 45/70, tacmotusn, duane and 2 others like this.
  7. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

I could see where some of the state troopers or guards may act, err, irrationally due to an over inflated sense of their own abilities. Further, the Virginia gov could finds themselves running for their live. More likely they would give the order for confiscation as they were leaving the state. And then, what if they invite the Alpha Tango F*ckedup group from just up the road.

Bloomberg and his like are globalist, and as such have one goal, "Their Hearts Desire", and that is contrary to the desires for freedom. They count on the majority of the populace being in fear of breaking a law, of being labeled an extremist or terrorist. Even if that law is unconstitutional. They plan on folks trying the legal route. And with the liberal judges in the lower courts allowing the law to go into effect and delays thrown out to slow the process, well, a lot of damage could be caused. Even if it eventually gets over turned.

Gator 45/70, duane and HK_User like this.
  8. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

As we were helping a Vet yesterday to improve their mobility a like subject evolved. The end of the conversation came about something like this. We did our work as non paid volunteers, we received only local donations and spent those funds on Vet's projects. So who you gonna trust and support? Gov from a thousand miles away or the local folks that helped because the Vet needed a bit of non complicated,non bureaucratic help from their neighbors and ex mil that signed a blank check years ago.

Snow flakes need not apply.

a Vet

STANGF150, 3M-TA3, Dont and 6 others like this.
  9. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I had an immediate reaction to an NPR news reader last night who said "...softening their position on assault weapons... existing owners would be grandfathered in and be allowed to keep their assault weapons if they were registered with the State."

What's your reaction to this statement?

Dont and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. Lancer

Lancer TANSTAFL! Site Supporter+++

"softening their position on assault weapons..."
    This is nothing more than a sop thrown to We the People in a feeble attempt to deflect the righteous anger. Mr. gov. Blackface needs to take extremely serious consideration to the fact that Richmond was burned once before.
    In the grand scheme of things - this totalitarian behavior is precisely why the Electoral College processes MUST be extended to the state level. The cancers known as cities are completely disenfranchising the non-city voters. VA, NY, CA, IL, CO, and others are all feeling the effects of the arrogant dimtard controlled cities attempting to subjugate the remainder of the state counties purely by population and money. If it is not brought under control there will be some serious bloodshed. You should hear the talk from some of my neighbors at the BOL living on the VA border...

11. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Registration is one short step away from forced confiscation! That is why registration in unacceptable.
    BTW, is used to be that Federal form 4473 were strictly held by the ffl weapons sellers. Now days most Background Checks are conducted digitally/not by phone and they get a make, model, serial # and your personal info. I can only guess who has access to that data and how it is distributed among neoferious government agencies and police agencies. I am not very happy about any of that.

3M-TA3, Bandit99, GOG and 2 others like this.
  12. HK_User

BS

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Several states have passed registration laws in the past only to be met with mass noncompliance. This mess is going to be the shot here round the world again!

SB21, HK_User and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

A slap in the face with a wet mop is still a slap in the face wither it be a hard slap or soft slap

Bandit99 and HK_User like this.
  15. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

my advice >>> WAIT OUT SCOTUS

Ginsberg is on her last breathe - the vote for SCOTUS will be majority conservative and 2A Rights strong >>> I see the issue of 2A being thoroughly SCOTUS dissected down to bone and being written up to the extent that even CA won't be able to wiggle in any of their crap ...

the liberals are in a desperation mode to the max - striking out to push their agenda on any state level available >>> they can't push anything national and that won't be getting any better for a decade or more ..

they are using a defibrillator here & there to keep hope alive - pull their plug - don't cooperate

Gator 45/70 and Oddcaliber like this.
  16. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Gator 45/70, Oddcaliber and HK_User like this.
  17. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I seem to have this reaction a lot lately and I need to keep it under control when out in public. Mikey Wilson executes the gesture with more enthusiasm, so I add a comment about the horse they rode in on.

Not going to win me any debates, but I don't hang out with people who aren't gun folk.

Bandit99, Gator 45/70, Dont and 2 others like this.
  18. HK_User

Silence is golden to dems they take silence as acceptance of their plans.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    OldDude49 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT BEING SILENT !!!! - WHERE YOU SEE THAT????

I suppose you want to do some dipshit cap like shoot someone or burn down something? - What's wrong with doing EXACTLY what every other state gunowner in the same exact situation has done - nothing?

Most of you are playing right into that VA Governor's plan - BS enough and he'll get dumbazzes to react and give provocation ....

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  20. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

tdtase.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7