Some Interesting Comment's From The Woodpile Report

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Dont, Dec 12, 2019.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

You need to settle down a bit.
    Where did you read any such drivel in my post?
    Remove your accusations as they are not appropriate to this forum and do not meet the standards of conduct.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  2. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Way I see it... a big part of the problem is they pass some law... which is purely UN-Constitutional...

and didn't a chief justice a way back say any law contrary to the Constitution is null and void?

but try to ignore it when they send someone out to enforce an UN-Constitutional law is... problematic...

so how do we make that stick? How do we deal with such?

cause right now we the people have to take it all the way to the supreme court to get it repealed... and some suffer until it's repealed...

may be time to try some other tactic?

May be refusing to comply and telling them so is the tactic needed...???

might have to go even further with these type so folks... like MANY show up at the capital unarmed the first time.... n say NO!

remind them what that chief justice said... loudly?

2nd time... if they refuse to listen... and they probably will... may be show up armed and tell em to take em?

again remind them what that chief justice said...

dangerous part of that... is the agent provocateur probably hidden among your own... that will try n start some shit...

which could truly play right into their hands so to speak...

n to be honest I think that is what's holding so many back... in truth... near as I can tell... none of us wants a serious fight like that...

thinkin if they do??? what would be best?? go for it? or grab the agent n turn em over for prosecution???

or shoot the agent outright for tryin to provoke it all into full scale war?

which means you would have to have people on your side watching for em and ready to deal with em... and HOPE that works...

probably best... to just say NOPE... for now... ???

problem is we may have to actually fight if we want to keep our Constitution and Bill of Rights...???

cause they will NEVER STOP... they will always try to take it further with a chip here and a chip there... etc...

whole thing is a shit samich... but could be creating such... is one of their tactic? Use our system against us?

Dont and HK_User like this.
  3. HK_User

Any one know what a "dipshit cap" is?
    Maybe we can ask the Gov of Va since he seems to be the root of this BS.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  4. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

5. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Strange... I can't find any update on the situation.

These idiots Democrats have done the one thing no politician are suppose to do - get themselves cornered with no way out. The Governor cannot back down. The State Senate cannot back down as cannot the State House. On the other hand, the Gunners cannot back down because one a precedent is set it's bound to happen again. This is, without a doubt, the most serious thing that has happen since I returned stateside 5 years ago, scary stuff. The big question is what will the National Guard do...my guess is half or more won't do anything but what of the other half. As long as the NG doesn't get involved then the People and the Constitution wins.

OldDude49, Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  6. hot diggity

7. HK_User

December 14, 2019 12:05 AM

With dozens of Virginia counties declaring themselves Second Amendment sanctuaries, some Democratic lawmakers have said the governor should use the National Guard to enforce future gun control legislation — but can he?

Virginia Democrats, who control the legislature and governorship, have proposed several measures, including an “assault weapons” ban, universal background checks, and a red flag law. In response, 75 counties vowed they will not enforce future gun control legislation. Virginia Democratic Rep. Donald McEachin told the Washington Examiner on Thursday that Gov. Ralph Northam “may have to nationalize the National Guard to enforce the law” if local authorities refuse to do so themselves.

The president, as commander-in-chief of the armed forces, is the only person who can nationalize the Guard, but state governors have the latitude to use it to enforce state law, legal experts said.

“Until nationalized, it’s a creature of the state. So that’s what leads me to believe that, yes, the governor can activate the National Guard to enforce even a state law,” Gary Solis, a military law professor at Georgetown University, told the Washington Examiner.
    Columnist Kristen Soltis Anderson on the expanded Washington Examiner magazine
    Amy Swearer, a legal policy analyst who works on gun control issues, agreed that the governor has the right to use the Virginia National Guard to enforce the law, though it would break from past mobilizations.

“When you look at the historical reality of when governors or presidents have mobilized the National Guard, it has been to enforce the rights of citizens when they were being infringed upon,” Swearer told the Washington Examiner. “But to suggest the National Guard would be brought in to otherwise peaceful jurisdictions to enforce restrictions on constitutional rights, that would be completely unprecedented in terms of how the National Guard has been used when it’s mobilized to restore law and order.”

Swearer doubts that the political debate will come to such drastic measures like troops going door-to-door or citizens being sworn in as law enforcement officers.

“I don’t necessarily foresee it coming to that situation where essentially you see this political back and forth of state and local officials using their respective authority to get back at each other,” she said.

The Posse Comitatus Act places strict limitations on how the military can be used to enforce the law, but the National Guard’s unique status as a state unit is an exception. Many governors have activated the National Guard to enforce the law in the past.

8. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

I have talked with some Army combat troops that joined the guard after leaving the regular Army, they had not been to impressed with the guard troops! That would be the extent of my knowledge regarding the guard..

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. Bandit99

Well, my experience with Guard Troops is their support troops are fair superior to the active military for the simple reason that many of the Guard are doing much the same job as professions in civil life; however, I cannot say anything about actual Combat Troops.

I did notice something from @HK_User and @hot diggity posts:

"The president, as commander-in-chief of the armed forces, is the only person who can nationalize the Guard, but state governors have the latitude to use it to enforce state law, legal experts said."

So, does this mean, should it become necessary, the President can nationalize the Guard and tell it to 'stand down' even if the State Governor tells to 'stand up'?

GOG and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. HK_User

That is my understanding.

And that may be the Va Govs OUT.

Reading the Govs statement shows he has a conflict in his understanding of this process because he states he will nationalize the guard if needed.
    Nationalize means only one thing to me> control to the Commander in Chief.
    Although the Va Gov may use
    1.transfer (a major branch of industry or commerce) from private to state ownership or control.
    My View>
    nationalize
    verbna·tion·al·ize | \ ˈnash-nə-ˌlīz
    , ˈna-shə-nə-ˌlīz \
    nationalized; nationalizing
    Definition of nationalize
    transitive verb

1 : to give a national character to
    2 : to invest control or ownership of in the national government

But of course the State of Va is already in control of the Guard.

This possibility of the Va Gov's misunderstanding of the English Language may also be an"OUT" designed to confuse or play politics.

Then again the Va Gov may just be stupid and may be a Puppet and willing to throw away his political career for the Dems.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Only in the case of the "National Guard" could the President issue an effective Order... Many States have a State Guard System, or State Militia that is strictly a State Unit, Commanded by the Governor and then thru Advocate Generals... Usually this involves just a Command Structure and in an Emergency when called up, Citizens, sign up and are called in to the Command by their own consent, similar to what was shown in "The Patriot" staring Mel Gibson... You Sign up. but are free to leave at your pleasure, but while you are there, you are under the Command of the Governor, and the Command Structure... This is similar to the Sheriff's Posse System... Where the Sheriff Swears in a bunch of Citizens for an undetermined, but temporary Time of Service, and for a Specific Emergency, and they serve under the Sheriff, and his Sworn Deputies, which provide the Command Structure...

12. Bandit99

@HK_User "And that may be the Va Govs OUT."
    I agree and it is the first thing that jumped out me. It actually turns it into a 'win' for him, sort of, because then he can place the blame on President Trump for the laws not being enforced; however, it still leaves him and his House and Senate with egg on their face because they wrote laws that they could not enforce nor their own people of the state will enforce so in the end will have to reverse them.

Brings back to mind...remember in NCO/Officer Leadership Training the first written/unwritten rule of Leadership: "Never give an order that won't be followed." Of course, this maxim includes illegal orders where they should not be followed but it actually is more for excessively stupid orders which in the end undermines the authority of your rank, hurting not only you but fellow Commission/Non-commissioned officers. It's something that is taught the young NCO and Officers usually by a mentor of superior rank.

Oddcaliber, Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  13. HK_User

Then again, the phrase "1.transfer (a major branch of industry or commerce) from private to state ownership or control." If using state ownership in the Communist vernacular it would mean the Va. Gov is living in a different world than we.
    Maybe UN Control?
    If you let your mind wonder then anything can be inferred.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. hot diggity

15. hot diggity

16. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

When the government turns its military loose on it's citizens , it's a bad day for all . Even Japan knew not to attack us on our own land .

Gator 45/70, oldawg and HK_User like this.
  17. Bandit99

When I first read this, I simply sort of brushed it off...but then I thought a bit more. I thought how impossible it was that Stalin's Communists had infiltrated the greatest secret of WW2, The Manhattan Project. They had and much worse than we even thought as recently another scientist was discovered who had sent the project's findings back to Stalin, as much a madman or more than Hitler. This discovery brought the total to 4 American scientists in the project that were traitors. I also thought of the number of Communists that had infiltrated to the highest levels of the FDR administration (also new info recently), even some of his main advisors within his own cabinet. They had a major influence on the war and the post-war - to ensure Stalin got his way. Hell, he was prepared every step of the war when dealing with the allies and got what he wanted and more. So, yeah... Maybe we need to rethink this and not brush it off so quickly because stranger things have happened...

Dont, GOG, Gator 45/70 and 1 other person like this.
  18. I hate to point this out, but F.D.R.'s V-P was so far to the left, F.D.R. booted him of the ticket in '44. Think what it would have been like with him in the White house as Prez. ( Wallace was from Iowa)

19. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

This will be the ultimate starring contest. Governor put himself in corner with no real way out. Citizens are fed up with stupid laws and are pushing back. I'm not a betting man but I'd say that the government will blink first.

Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  20. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Stupid is as stupid does, not too sure the government will blink until they get hit between the eyes with a 2x4. I could wish that the NG upon being deployed would march to the capitol and arrest those wayward lawmakers and charge them with treason.

GOG, Gator 45/70, OldDude49 and 3 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7