Some Interesting Survival Lessons in "Black Summer" Netflix Series

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ED GEiN, Apr 12, 2019.

1. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

For those of you who get Netflix, I'd recommend watching the 8 episode series, "Black Summer" as there are some interesting Survival Lessons. Albeit I would never consider a Zombie Apocalypse Reality or something to prepare for but it showed some interesting lessons on what to do or not do when its TEOTWAWKI.

Basically, never trust anyone you don't know in TEOTWAWKI, never deviate from your plans by going out of the way and helping others and don't let your temperament get in the way of tasks at hand.

As for the series itself, I'd give it between a B and a B- as some things didn't quite make sense and I liked it more for the decision making the characters made, some of it good and some of it how stupid can you be, than the characters themselves.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    Mountainman, oldawg, 3cyl and 3 others like this.
  2. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

I don't know seems like a bit more than half of the population are Zombies now :(

ED GEiN, mysterymet, Oltymer and 9 others like this.
  3. sdr

sdr Monkey++

Thanks. I will watch it. I enjoy picking apart survival/disaster shows. Not that I am an expert in such matters. I like seeing different scenarios and how the shows writers choose to guide the plot along. To make good entertainment the script isn't written as a how to guide but rather to throw in good plot twists and oh crap moments.

Like the Walking Dead. Great fun.

ED GEiN, Motomom34 and snake6264 like this.
  4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Appears to be an alien inflicted zombie apocalypse . really far fetched.
    In which case anything living is susceptible to infection .Wild animals may well be infected .
    Under ground isolation may be the only passive defense .
    But with out aggressively resisting the aliens that may not be enough.

5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Second time this week someone has mentioned Black Summer. I do not have Netflix but I will see if the library has it.

6. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Its a new original Netflix series so it wouldn't be on DVD at this point. PM me and I'll see of I can be of some help.

I wish I could spoil my favorite scene in Episode 1. To me its a classic. Remember No Good Deed during an Apocalypse gets rewarded!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2019
    Ganado and Motomom34 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7