Some Really Good Places Not to Hide Your Stuff.

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by UncleMorgan, Jan 3, 2018.

1. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I eat vegetables. My friends are not vegetables.

People Are Sharing The Best Hiding Places To Hide Your Valuables From Thieves

This article has a few tasty little items in it, but, unfortunately, they're all busted.

Once somebody posts a "secret" it isn't a secret anymore.

That means you can't trust these methods, and if you're already using one because you invented it, you might want to consider making a change.

Ye olde key in a rock doesn't work anymore, especially when it's the only plastic rock in the front shrubbery. Neither do a lot of other over-advertised gags like fake wall plugs and soupless soup cans.

I have some little gags I cooked up but they'd be worthless if I told anyone about them.

So I can't tell anyone that I used to store my machine guns under the local police chief's driveway.

Not that I ever did.

I mean, I never even met the guy. Face-to-face, anyway.

Honest.

3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey Site Supporter

I always hide a front gate key under a rock, problem is, that key doesn't fit that lock.

But I get a good solid picture from the camera of anyone trying to get in!

Zimmy, Gator 45/70, oldawg and 12 others like this.
  4. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Adventure Riding Monkey Founding Member

Depends on the "caliber" of the thief. Kids or local thugs may well not know these, and would overlook them. An experienced professional will know them all.

5. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey++ Site Supporter+

This is genius.

6. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I eat vegetables. My friends are not vegetables.

Just because a person is subtle doesn't mean they're not diabolical at heart.

Gator 45/70, HK_User, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
  7. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I find the best build is a secret room .second best is not showing stuff off.

Gator 45/70 and Seepalaces like this.
  8. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Keep your shit locked up and out of site.
    Most thieves are opportunistic.
    If some one had to work to break in, well you probably know them.
    If some one cleans me out the BATFE is getting involved.

Gator 45/70 and Seepalaces like this.
  9. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I got a lesson in hiding things one day while training a rookie, My partner put a SW 45 long colt on the dash of the car on a make beleive traiffic stop the kid never saw it nad took me forever to find what I knew was hidden but was sitting in plane sight

Zimmy, Gator 45/70 and Yard Dart like this.

Null

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7