Something to get it started

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by sniper-66, Aug 14, 2005.

1. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Here is a pic I took while in Kosovo on a particularly foggy night. It was a laser shot from my 9mm and a ANVIS. Whoops, a little bigger than I expected!
    fixed, melbo
    s-66_383.

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Tell me about the picture, Are you flying at night, while looking through ANVIS and pointing your 9mm out the side?

3. sniper-66

No, this is where it gets funny! I am standing on the side of my helipad with my 9mm, ANVIS, and the camera trying to line this all up and get the shot. If you look closely, you can see the edge of the concrete and then the beam in the grass. I was trying to aim it across the road at a conex, but just couldn't jungle jug the mess, so I took the picture as soon as I got it all lined up and that was the best I could do!

4. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

OK, so the laser is actually going away from us thought it seems the other way to me. I would have thought it was in flight too

Cool

5. sniper-66

Actually wish I had a picture of me trying to get that picture. It was really messed up, wanna test your dexterity? Try holding and firing a 9mm laser grip, holding a NVD with a camera to the back of it and pressing the picture button all at the same time!

6. melbo

Hell Yeah!!

7. melbo

That's a lot like the question "what's the entry level price for a gun"

$200 to $4000+ is the NV market

do an ebay search on "pvs" and you'll see the gamut

GenIII will start you at close to $2000 if your lucky

8. sniper-66

Billy, I think we had this conversation before on another board! [beer]

Melbo is right, you can get in at $300, but you get what you pay for, so pay the money. I'm not quite with Melbo on the $2000, you can find used Gen III PVS-7s for about $1200 and on a good day, you can get a AB mono for around $1500, but then again, you get what you pay for. Then you can get stupid like me!
    I did watch a discussion on another board and the newest NVs are going for upward of $15,000 :shock:

9. melbo

Getting harder and harder to find as the price of the tubes is climbing. Not sure if it's a supply/demand thing but Glynn keeps me abreast of what he's selling things for from time to time and it is climbing...

10. sniper-66

True, thinking a lot of people are getting into it, so the old supply and demand thingy. Glad I got all mine when I did!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7