Standard Compound vs.Compound Crossbow

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ReconMike78, Mar 10, 2014.

1. ReconMike78

ReconMike78 Monkey

while i see your point..she is also all over the scope on the carpet

2. ReconMike78

ReconMike78 Monkey

i may check into that..although my crossbow only weighs a little over 5 pounds...i still may check into these short bows

3. Mike

Mike Ol' Army Sergeant Monkey

ok, ok. I will play nice....

4. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I don't know about "NEW" , but I have been using the same "Indian Stalker" for the last 34 years, I'd say it is reliable, light, simple, and does what I ask of it. It is a short brush compound bow.

5. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Some Carbon bows run about 3.5 lbs and 28 inches from axle to axle, 70 plus pounds.

Here is a choice Hoyt Compound Bows - HOYT.com

"
    The all-new Carbon Spyder series features the first ever HOYT carbon 30-inch bow for exceptionally compact, lightweight, stealthy maneuverability – as well as HOYT’s first ever Carbon Speed Bow – coming in at an aggressive 33 inches and 340 hard-hitting feet per second. Rounding out the Carbon Spyder series is the Carbon Spyder 34 for those who prefer a longer axle-to-axle bow or those with longer draw lengths. Each of these industry leading flagship bows feature HOYT’s most advanced technologies and innovation.
    CARBON SPYDER 30
    30” AXLE-TO-AXLE
    332 FPS(ATA)
    6 ¾” BRACE HEIGHT
    3.6 LBS MASS WEIGHT

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  6. kellory

The group she is part of concider it an art form, not true warfare. She is shooting for speed ( number of shafts) not accuracy. Watching these guys in movement is very cool though. There is aRussian male who shows best how to do it, just kill the sound and watch him move. It is instructional.

7. ReconMike78

ReconMike78 Monkey

oh no doubt she is puttin it down thats for sure...she must be on an shooting team or something.

8. kellory

She is quite slow when conpared with lars. And he hits nearly everything he shoots at.

9. kellory

guy in white shirt giving the lecture is very good, and instructive.

10. NightFire

NightFire Monkey

I've been hunting with bows for over 30 years, I've hunted with long bow, recurve, compound, compound crossbow and recurve crossbow. Overall, I prefer a compound bow. For crossbows, I prefer a recurve.

Crossbows are slow to reload and heavy, your not likely to get a second shot with one. I'm as accurate with a regular bow, out to any distance, as I am with a crossbow. Equivalent crossbows and compound bows have roughly the same range and speed. The only reason I use a crossbow is because I'm disabled.

Mike, HK_User and kellory like this.
  11. Jbird77

Jbird77 Neophyte Monkey

I've found that crossbows shoot faster and have more energy. They are also louder compared to a compound. For one shot I think they are more lethal but do take more time to reload. You do have to be careful as I've seen where people have lost a finger when they hold it too high and the crossbow string will rip it off.

12. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Fascinating .

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7