Steam Power

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by fedorthedog, Feb 13, 2011.

1. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

A guy I know was talking about new manufacture steam engines that run on oil wood or coal. They can be set up for power production or to drive a pump. Has anyone seen or heard of these and who makes them?

2. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Pirate Biker

I worked with steam most of my career. Huge amount of safety issues to consider with dealing with steam, even small plants must carry high pressure in order to operate other machines.

Not saying it can't be done, but I would question practical usage by untrained users.

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

If you decide to mess with Steam, Just be aware that MANY States regulate Steam, with Operator Licensing, and annual MANDATORY Boiler Inspections, which are NOT cheap. Steam is a State Inspection Issue, so check with your State folks before you get all hyped up on Steam.

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Steam plants are not sensible for individual owners for all of WT's and BTP's reasons and more. And I begin to think that the OP was thinking sterling engines, not steam. EZ google to find them.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7