Stocking up on gas ?

Discussion in 'Peak Oil' started by TnAndy, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Prices jumped from $3.38/gal here on Sunday, when I filled up (right after I read the news release from Iran about "reverse sanctions on the UK and France, well before the markets opened in Asia). This morning, $3.79/gal at the same gas station. $0.41/gallon is over 10% in 5 days. I hope everyone is ready for a long term squeeze. Oil is trending upwards, and it does not show signs of stopping.

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

It went from 3.67 to 3.75 in the time it took me to go to bank and head back yesterday afternoon. I am not nearly as concerned with price as I am with availability. So far, so good.

Falcon15 likes this.
  3. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I paid $4.15/gallon for diesel yesterday, ouch

Falcon15 likes this.
  4. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Some of us, like myself, are on limited incomes, so each increase in price at the pump hurts my bottom line.

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  5. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

call it 3.969 for regular unleaded. 4.049 for diesel. Narrowest spread between unleaded and diesel i've ever seen.
    Location somewhere around Detroit. ;)

6. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

As of yesterday, Amarillo was posting $4.08 cash for diesel, and $4.11 credit at the Pilot truck stop. I just filled up my truck for $3.69 a gallon for midgrade gas. I just filled the dang thing Thursday but had to make a Home Depot run dragging the trailer and that drags my mileage down to 14 mpg, grrr. Sucked down nearly my entire tank. :mad:

I quit driving back and forth to work but I swear it seems like I'm still spending just as much on fuel as I was before. Trying to set aside some scratch so I can get a scooter in a few months.

7. Suerto

Suerto Monkey+

I have a GasBuddy.com - Find Low Gas Prices in the USA and Canada app on my phone..

$3.53/gal reg unleaded
    $3.75/gal diesel

In da OKC..
    which, has the cheapest diesel prices in a 500 mile radius.. (cheaper than DFW) which is the next best metro low fuel prices, all outlying rural area prices are more expensive, sometimes as much as $0.50.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7