Storing products together?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by DebfromAZ1, Dec 14, 2010.

1. DebfromAZ1

DebfromAZ1 Monkey+

I have many food safe buckets from a local bakery. Is it ok to put baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch, etc. in the same bucket IF i keep each item in their original unopened packaging? (Trying to save on space!)

2. Diddy

Diddy Monkey+

The items you mentioned should not be a problem but it certainly wouldn't hurt to put them in individual zip locks while you are packing things. Heck, I have all those same products, open, right next to each other in the cupboard now.

I learned from other people that it is also a good idea to combine your food stores as well. Don't have a 5 gallon bucket full of rice and another full of beans.
    - Portion things out and put a mylar bag of rice and another of beans and some seasoning etc... That way you aren't opening a large container of different foods and needlessly exposing them. You only have to use one bucket at a time and if you should ever need to bug out and can't take everything you will be better positioned to provide better, more balanced meals.

3. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

That's a great idea Diddy. One of those things that should be obvious and all, but I didn't even think about it.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7