Sun Tsu: Art of War

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Clyde, May 29, 2012.

1. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

I have been enjoying Visutrac's post. One night in NYC, I watched this and found it interesting. Gets the mind thinking.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VMNaULHLH9c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jasonl6, tulianr, Alpha Dog and 2 others like this.
  2. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

I have read the book twice over the past several years and have just started if for a third time. Each time I have found things I missed the first time.

Gafarmboy likes this.
  3. sgt peppersass

sgt peppersass Monkey+

great book with many differnt versions with their own interpretations.

4. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

VisuTrac and tulianr like this.
  5. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Very old and still good reading.

However, due to the use firearms with high capacity magazines and the ability to engage at long distances there have been changes..

6. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

AOW has time honored principles of warfare that are relevant in any situation. Most military historians agree that The Art Of War is a compilation of military maxims of the time and not the work of an individual. It was common in ancient Chinese literature to use a first person narrative to make it more interesting and personal to the reader. Sun Tzu, instead of one man was probably many different generals and combined schools of thought.

tulianr, Seawolf1090 and Brokor like this.
  7. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Basic strategy, tactics and principles of warfare haven't really changed since ancient times - just the technology of weapons improves.

Brokor likes this.
  8. ssonb

ssonb Confederate American

SS worked well for the VC. They just tried to push the issue a few times and got their butts kicked...In the end the butt kicking didnt matter they still won....Now what have we learned from the past lessons??? we are repeating the mistakes of the past and are mired down in TWO long drawn out wars.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7