Survival Defense

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Alpha Dog, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

I have some arthritis as well and it sucks. Mostly in my hands along with some raynalds white finger syndrome. Butt Im staying on my handgun and using cover against close attacks. Im going to get a walking stick. I like the Idea of a long close quarters weapon. KF

tulianr and Cephus like this.
  2. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

My son's martial arts instructor carries a pistol, at least two knives and a cane everywhere he goes. Very dangerous man, but is a great guy, and appears normal in every respect. According to him:

One doesn't need a big club. A stock cane that has been sanded smooth and rubbed down with mineral oil or the like is perfect. Strong, light and fast he's shown how really big guys can be defeated easily even by old folk. Da po-po rarely bothers an older person using a cane, especially if he happens to have a limp in front of the officer.

Get a knife or two legal for your area and keep it razor sharp. If you're not versed in knife fighting, just do the old sewing machine routine that convicts use... with both hands. A lot of holes let out a lot of fluids.

Most here already know about pistols so I won't address that.

Anything worth knowing is going to take some time to learn. Besides, it will keep you fitter and more limber, situationally aware, and capable.

jim

3. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

Thats like the walking stick I carry I use it some times on the heavy in place of my fist and I use combinations from stick to fist strike. Use a simle eye gouge or a groin strike as a destraction then use the stick/cane as the finisher. I also invested about twenty bucks for one of the rubber knive and use it on the heavy bag. Anyone who has ever used a bag knows it is a good cardio work out. I started with 3 5min sessions now I do 3 10min sessions through out my workout. Wich two min of punches on the bag feels like an hour. Tell you another weapon it's small and simple to learn. A kubaton I carry one on my key it's about 6 in long and I have been in situations where I've had to use it as a stike weapon and also to take a man out of a stolen vehicle. If used correctly you can control anyone with it or disable the attacker.

tulianr likes this.
  4. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

Kingfish, consider a walking stick made out of Waxwood, also called White Lotus wood. They are available from martial arts supply houses as well as other venues like Bud-K, and not very expensive.

We do a lot of stick fighting in our dojo and I have yet to find anything to compare to waxwood. It is practically impossible to break it, and is solid enough that people's eyes light up even when they block a blow with another stout wood, such as oak. My fighting bo (six foot staff) and my fighting jo (four foot staff) are both waxwood, and I can't imagine ever changing.

Kingfish likes this.
  5. teeter

teeter Monkey+

a MINUTE! :) That was one VERY slow fight. If you can't win or at least break free in 2-3 seconds, at the very most, you probably can't, regardless of how long you struggle. Sheesh. The average man can't hurt you very badly, or quickly. He just aint got the needed knowledge and ability. a highly trained man, tho, has "short power", he can almost maim you with a blow that only moves a few inches. That sort of power takes months to build, but it doesn't take much to keep it. I still have most of mine, after not reallly working on it for nearly 40 years.

6. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Hi John...how is it hangin' my little ninja friend...miss us?(y)

Falcon15 likes this.
  7. Alpha Dog

By reading his post about survival combat he is a prime example of a man that has never had a good a$$ whooping because he's never been in a real fight. But he strikes me as a type who will get it sooner or later.

8. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

No he would not get into a fight as much as get the snot beat out of him as he covers his head and rolls around on the floor, squealing like a stuck pig.

dragonfly and Sapper John like this.
  9. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

I believe every male needs at least one good asswhooping in their life. Keeps them humble & from becoming a bully. An sumtimes it even helps the less mentally gifted like Gunkid, learn to keep their stupidity to themselves!!!

10. Alpha Dog

I agree Had a couple good one's myself and it made me a better and more understanding person.

Falcon15 likes this.
  11. sasquatch91

sasquatch91 Monkey+++

theres a tape on navy seals hand to hand combat called safta. it shows alot on how to lock someones arms or legs up so they can not hit you and stuff like thats. shows alot of self defence stuff.

12. sasquatch91

sasquatch91 Monkey+++

ive also found out a hard right to someones nose will often take the fight out of them, if not it will water there eyes and then they cant see the next one coming!

Alpha Dog likes this.
  13. Alpha Dog

I know sometimes it's hard to get a person in the right postition but I love the kidney punches. If you can throw four or five in the right spot works well.

14. sasquatch91

sasquatch91 Monkey+++

if a guy is good with his kickes, ive seen professional fighters get dropped by a kick to the liver too.

15. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

I dunno, I'm partial to getting one these oversize soupbowls I got for paws on their throat & choking them down like a dog. Amazing how fast the tears come when they realize they ain't gonna break your grip & they think they about to die.

Alpha Dog likes this.
  16. Alpha Dog

Agree the lack of oxygen dose have a certain affect on a person. I have had the pleasure to use several different choke holds and they wake up with a different look on thing's.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7