Survival in Japan and Nuclear Radiation

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by tsneds, Mar 14, 2011.

1. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. The core of one plant is exposed now, workers have stepped in core water and received 10,000 times the limit. Be glad you got out of there. They need to evacuate 200 miles away from the area. They used concrete trucks to pump water in it. They are waiting for concrete to arrive.

2. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

Not sure if this has been posted, but it certainly puts the power of nature ahead of anything our little minds could control.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GpuLlIrUYsI?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GpuLlIrUYsI?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

3. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

Bug out to the fourth floor or above of a very strong building.
    You can't beat hydraulic force like that.
    Note: include inflatable raft and collapsible oar in BOB!

4. tsneds

tsneds Monkey++

Would I have left if there was no radiation?

Well, let's assume no radiation, but the same inconveniences:

1) earthquakes expected for months
    2) rolling blackouts may or may not happen for weeks, months, possibly a year or 2.
    3) food, gas, water are hard to find
    4) I can't let my baby take a shower, nor should I unless I wash my face separately.
    5) Some days I may not be able to go outside, or if I do, with long sleeved shirts and face masks.
    6) Fear that if I don't test my food, water, air, etc I may have health problems. Mental health lowered.
    All of the above lowering my quality of life.

Just the regular inconvenience alone was totally worth leaving for me.

For some, Tokyo is more pleasurable in it's current state than the country they came from.
    This makes sense if you are from some crappy place,which I am not.

5. Robryan

Robryan Monkey+

Bear likes this.
  6. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Robryan,

Thanks for posting this...

Bear.

7. Lawmaker

Lawmaker Monkey+

8. tsneds

tsneds Monkey++

9. tsneds

tsneds Monkey++

How are members in the region approaching this situation as it unfolds?

10. tsneds

tsneds Monkey++

Well what do we have here:

Massive New Radiation Releases Possible from Fukushima ... Especially If Melted Core Materials Hit Water

11. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

tsneds, good to see you back. Still stateside?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7