Survival kit for travel

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Kelly Marie, Jan 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Snake_Doctor

Snake_Doctor Call me Snake...

Not me. I learn from experience and marriage was a bad thing, like putting pennies in wall outlets or holding your hand in fire. Or licking batteries, testing your hand speed against rat traps etc...

Yard Dart likes this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Best to find the right one, the first time out. Divorce is very very expensive.... ..... YMMV....

oldawg, kellory and Yard Dart like this.
  3. Snake_Doctor

No kiddin. She tried to take everything, and almost succeeded. Lucky I had the good stuff in a storage unit and my retreat. I should have run like forest gump then too.

4. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I found the right one, she just changed. Defacation occurs.:(

Motomom34 and Yard Dart like this.
  5. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Some of us are just prone to making errors I suppose. Like sticking a clothes hanger in a receptacle, burning our hand on the oven, and all sorts of dumb things we boys are prone to partake in... like chasing hot spanish women that break your heart....ha.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  6. Snake_Doctor

LOL. Tg I found redheads. They took my mind off Mexican women.

Yard Dart and kellory like this.
  7. Yard Dart

Well there goes another thread sideways... @Kelly Marie we have strayed.... apologies. It was @kellory 's fault ;)

Motomom34 likes this.
  8. BTPost

I acknowledge my part in this as well, so don't put all the blame on Old Kell.....

Yard Dart and kellory like this.
  9. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I think it was Snaaaake if the truth be told, but don't let facts get in your way....[wannamesswitme]

Motomom34 and Yard Dart like this.
  10. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I have a cute small tool kit in my truck. I don't have a knife but I have screw drivers, i figured a screw driver could double as a stabber if needed. I also have pepper spray. What about hand warmers?

mylar blanket, rain poncho, hat (keeps heat in), candle in the winter. Hard candy, one of those whistle/ compass/flint combo things.

11. Kelly Marie

Kelly Marie Monkey

snake_doctor - I do have a fanny pack get home bag in my car. One of my issues is having a backpack sticking out obviously in my vehicle. Secondly, my back is toast from being a Dental Assistant for almost 30 years! But the pack I am talking about is something to take in my suitcase. I do have a knife in there, but would pack the thing in the check in luggage if flying. Got pretty heavy very fast. Getting some food bars will be next. I do have, as I said a GHB and a to-go bag also. I am in need of buying a few large backpacks if anyone has some for sale...may look and see if there is a site here for buying/selling.

As for the bags, lets see where you are posting and vying for the best survival bag!!! Very interested in seeing more. Have been online with this for a year now.

I have a Lifestraw, so there is my clean water supply. Damned cool things! I have a few of them in different bags.

How much of a food supply and cooking gear can go in a suitcase? Mine is usually packed with clothes???!!!
    I have added quickclot and sutures/hemostats, a few other items. Not many bandaids though. May need more.

12. Kelly Marie

Kelly Marie Monkey

Pepper spray is illegal in many places, so will not put one in my bag. I have them in my car and near my front door too. Never know when I cannot get to my gun fast enough!

Friends went with us to a concert eons ago to Vancouver BC, were pulled to secondary and their pepper spray was confiscated. OOPS!
    I hate getting caught at the border with something illegal. Not fun.

I did add mylar blanket, Whistle and flint, matches, lighter, multi tool, nitrile gloves, extra meds, antibiotics, p-51 can opener, tea tree oil, tweezers. Need to add a wine opener! Never know...

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  13. Kelly Marie

Kelly Marie Monkey

I do not have any Datrex or Mainstay in my travel pack. Since this pack is for airplanes, I usually have nuts and trail mix, other food items with me when I do fly.

I could stuff a block of the Datrex in another part of my suitcase for emergency I suppose..

someone said they have a site with small survival packs. I keep reading and cannot find where the F*$% it is ...

I guess I will look up survival packs on here and see what people have for theirs. I do understand people living in bumfuck
    Northlander areas and fly little planes....I would take a pack of emergency items every trip. I am surprised that people do NOT .
    That seems seriously stupid.

Also, old CD's work well as a mirror. I have one in a pack.

14. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Kelly Marie, do you have any military surplus stores in your area? You can find small, medium, and large "Alice" packs. They are last generation, but they are rugged, durable, and inexpensive. They use an internal frame which will help with your back issues and can carry what you need and then some!

Yard Dart likes this.
  15. BTPost

You might want to reThink having antibiotics in your BOB OR GHB..... Unless you have a prescription for them as they are a by prescription ONLY Item, and certainly not legal to possess with out a valid Script. .....

kellory and Yard Dart like this.
  16. Yard Dart

I have several anti-biotic's as we save most ever prescribed.... just goes into the preps....

Kelly Marie likes this.
  17. Kelly Marie

Kelly Marie Monkey

Holy Shit!
    If antibiotics are the worst illegal thing I could carry in case of a SHTF situation, I would hate to come up against rich clueless people out there.

BTW -I'm an Atheist.
    Female, gun-totin, half hippie, hard headed Taurus ::: non-believer . I will stand up for what I believe in and do not. But I'm not used to posting them in such an outright manner.

[tng2]
    .!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
    Yard Dart likes this.
  18. Kelly Marie

Kelly Marie Monkey

There's many places to get an Alice pack. The first thing I learned was to blend in. Not look like Military. I'm looking for large backpacks. Thanks though!

Yard Dart likes this.
  1. JC Refuge
  2. Hanzo
  3. Coyote Ridge
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Coyote Ridge
  6. Coyote Ridge
  7. Coyote Ridge
  8. Coyote Ridge
  9. 3M-TA3
  10. Motomom34
  11. Grandpa Patch